Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

G4 Control

Any idea how many simultaneous users (PCs) can browse to and control a touchpanel via the master? We have a very computer savvy client who isn't keen to drop the cash on alot of touchpanels when he's having PCs all over the place. I was going to suggest a panel at the rack that's programmed for house wide music, lighting, iTunes, etc, that he and his guests could browse to.

Am I just asking for trouble? We're still in the conceptual stage at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Any idea how many simultaneous users (PCs) can browse to and control a touchpanel via the master?
    One connection per touch panel.
  • Options
    Jeff LockyearJeff Lockyear Posts: 147
    Easy answer, thanks.
  • Options
    Dries KaspersDries Kaspers Posts: 142
    Actually,

It's 3 connections simultaneously (on my 5200i anyway, you can change the number in the G4 web control settings in protected setup).
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Actually,

It's 3 connections simultaneously (on my 5200i anyway, you can change the number in the G4 web control settings in protected setup).
    It pays to keep the firmware up to date. You are correct; I updated the firmware and now I do get 3 connections on my 5200i. Very cool. This is the first time I?ve seen the ability to make more than one simultaneous connection with any G4 touch panel. Thanks for the connection correction Dries.

I wonder if multiple connections are only for the 5200i as my CV12 and my 1700VG have the latest firmware but they only allow 1 connection. Hopefully over time firmware that supports multiple connections will migrate to the other touch panels.

Can anyone get more than one connection on anything other than a 5200i?