Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

How to Control DAKIN AC System

Hi every body,
Did Anybody try to integrate DAKIN AC system with AMX. I am working on one project there HVAC system is from DAKIN Company. And they have there own thermostat (DST301BA61) witch working on (DIII NET) . and I study this system AMX ENV-VST not possible to connect with this system. One this project not one room there is multiple rooms. All rooms thermostats are connected with DIII NET.
I check on Daikin site they have RS232 module and intelligent controller (DCS601C51). but the contractor they did not use these things. Now question is how to integrate AMX system with this system.

Comments

• Options
    KrondorKrondor Posts: 14
    CoolMaster

It is very easy. Search in google for "CoolMaster 1000D". This is a third party device that connects to Daikin and provides you an ability toi control the system by a simple ASCII commands through RS232 port.
  • Options
    maxifoxmaxifox Posts: 209
    Confirm that Coolmaster choice is a nice one. We use it with Daikin VRV bus...
  • Options
    RonenRonen Posts: 55
    Cool Master

F.Y.I:
    As far as I know the Cool Master device can control not only Daikin bus, but also Mitsubishi and Toshiba.
    They are constantly working on expanding their control on different ac systems
  • Options
    KrondorKrondor Posts: 14
    CoolMaster

And now also Sanyo, and as far as i heard also CoolMaster for Hitachi will be avilable soon...
  • Options
    After talking with Daikin distributers who were unable to provide much of a solution, this seems like a great option! Any idea whether it is easily available in South Africa at all? Also, can it monitor the AC system as well as controlling it?
  • Options
    Yes and yes.
  • Options
    Yes and yes.

Fantastic. That is good news indeed.
  • Options
    FYI, I have written a fully functional program to control the Daikin ITC via TCP/IP.