Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MVP7500 - Fix a half working touch panel?

One of my MVP7500s is no longer responding in the bottom right of the screen, even during calibration (Top left of screen, about 2/3s of it works fine). It also needs re-calibrating quite often as it occasionally stops working entirely until recalibrated.

Is there any way to fix this? Is repair an option?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    sounds like the touch overlay has croaked. I see a call to Amx tech support and an RMA in your future...
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    They will charge at least $400 for the overlay. Don't waste your time and money. You could probably find a used 8400 for not much more cash than the repair.
  • KrobarKrobar Posts: 32
    I actually have two MVP 7500s here:

One is cosmetically a bit poor (Dent in screen) and scratched all over (And only with the old style wireless card) but the touch panel works well. Is it easy to pull the touch element out of one MVP7500 and put it in the other? (Was thinking I could end up with one decent twin battery MVP7500 and some spare parts...)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The case is pretty easy to swap, but I never went as far as trying to separate the screen or overlay. Unlike the old Viewpoints, all the electronics are a single piece when they come out of the case. As I recall, there are two boards sandwiched together; it's possible one is the "display" board and can be pulled off the other. If it were mine, I'd open her up and see if I could make it happen.
  • KrobarKrobar Posts: 32
    Hi,

I managed to swap the wireless card and extra battery into the working touch screen. At least I have one working fully loaded panel even if there is a single mark on the screen. Thanks.