Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

ViewSonic PJ1173 or Hitachi CP-X807 RS232??????

Have any of you controlled one of this projectors using serial commands??....because I need to do it but I can't find any information...I'm still waiting some notice from ViewSonic...!!! but nothing. The projector is in fact a ViewSonic PJ1173 that is the same Hitachi CP-X807 (they made it) and they also made it for Dukane (ImagePro 8948) and 3M (X 95).

So, probably is the same serial string for any of these. Hitachi has a software that controls the projector (the same for all those brands) sending ASCII commands to the projector's serial port but the protocol is not available.

I will really appreciate your support.

Comments

• JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    I found protocol for the CP-X809 projector - it looks like every other Hitachi projector protocol. Have you tried those codes?

Also - are you sure that Viewsonics isn't OEMing a Hitachi projector? I would ahve thought Hitachi would be the primary there not the secondary. I know other manuf's OEM Hitachi.

They look exactly the same - the 809 and the 1173

There is a note in the 1173 manual on controlling the unit via network that references the 232 commands that start with $BE,$EF and are 13 bytes long. That is the Hitachi protocol. Nobody else except Sony is dumb enough to create a protocol like that (in my humble opinion) I would use the Hitachi codes and I bet they work.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 209
    Some of the Viewsonic projectors need to have the RS232 port enabled in the menus.