Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sony DXC_390_990 Module

Has anyone ever worked with the Sony DXC_390_990 Module? We've implemented this with 2 AMX PosiTrack 15s and the AMX PosiPilot controller. The PT-15s each have a Sony DXC990 camera on them tied to the RS232 port. I am running 2 instances of the module in the code, each tied to a different device on the touchpanel (132 and 133). The system worked when tested in-house, but for some reason now, the program stops communicating with the module, which ceases all onboard camera functions. The online tree shows all devices present, and rebooting the master and cameras doesn't fix the problem. The only way to get communication back is to reload the code and start over, but after a few minutes, program-module communication stops again.
The strange thing is, I can run this on my test system which has no cameras or PTs attached to it and the program-module communication is present.
I have done very little modification to the UI code or to the AMX PosiPilot include file. The major modifications have been to the touchpanel, most of them cosmetic.
Has anyone else run into this problem or am I missing something? Tech support looked at the code and didn't see any problems with it, so I thought I'd throw this out to the members.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have no specific experience with tha module or equipment, but I do have a general observation based on the way the problem is occurring.

When a reboot of the master and equipment doesn't fix the problem, it's a variable. Variable states are not reset on startup unless declared volatile or set in DEFINE_START. If the code is waiting for a variable to be set for a specific value before continuing, only a reload is going to reset that variable and get the program running again.

Since it works in your shop, there is something, somewhere, tracking environmental conditions that aren't happening at the job site, and the system is waiting for it. That's what it looks like to me, maybe it will help you narrow it down.