Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

New panel heads-up.

So I was noodling around and creating an NXD-435 file in TPD4, and came to the realisation that the new 4.3" panels don't support Dynamic Images.

Well, they almost got it right. Would Dynamic Images really add that much to the price?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There are several of the new panels that I had to scratch from upcoming jobs because of this limitation. Cover art on media servers is the main issue, and I am losing the battle with sales because AMX just doesn't provide a low enough cost panel that does it.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    It would probably use too many resources and cause the panel to stop functioning.
    Paul
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    Dynamic Images - Yes or No?

Just looking at the documentation for the NXD 430 panels and the manual suggests that Dynamic Images are possible... I'm yet to receive my first panel, so is anyone who has one able to confirm or deny this feature?

Cheers
  • Options
    elytronicelytronic Posts: 51
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    I have a 430 panel here but it seems that dynamic images are not possible. In TP Design's resource manager the dynamic image tab is gone when you have a file for this panel open...

Copying a dynamic image from a 8400 to a 430 is possible but the bitmap field is emptied.
  • Options
    Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    In TP4 the dynamic image tab is missin, but there are TP Commands in the documentation for pushing Dynamic images in code... Has anyone tried these?
  • Options
    gsmithgsmith Posts: 59
    Please note that the newly released firmware (2.4.6) for the NXD-430 and 435 add dynamic image support. You'll also need the latest G4Support Files.

http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001P8PqTJg1cRHYFb8gmuvUy4Z9HaGrGLP34eWsGNQJBSJaJRcLHdH2uMpIUgCgLWZnejS1bT_UvIMQN49nyRU-mbGbR_iv8plb-eCEEWltQnH0RwRbi7xzVsuh0e3Hzfq_Xb69rO5IZx0%3D
  • Options
    What about poor 5150...?
  • Options
    The 5150's don't do dynamic images either. That was a big surprise to my client after I sold him an upgrade from the 7500's he had in his house. If AMX is going to take somethin out like that, I wish they would have it documented well. The tech support people didn't even know it was missing.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    If you went by the website info the 5200i's were released with SIP support and in fact that firmware was just released a week ago. Needless to say my customers weren't too happy with that either.

It's been said on this forum before "don't believe anything you read" & "don't assume anything until you've had a chance to verify it yourself". I didn't used to believe that but I'm a firm believer now. However I will say that if it's put out on the forum and discussed you can pretty much count on that info being factual.
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    gsmith wrote: »
    Please note that the newly released firmware (2.4.6) for the NXD-430 and 435 add dynamic image support. You'll also need the latest G4Support Files.

Does this include mjpg support? I have a sales rep stating that these panels will show dynamic cover art, but will not show a video stream (ie security camera through an AXIS server). I didn't think these were two separate items.

According to this chart, Dynamic Images, DynaMo (Motion JPG, 15fps) is one line item, and the 430/435 does not support it. My hunch is that this is an old chart, and that the new firmware supports both.

Can someone set me straight?
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I'm sure that's from the old chart but I would think giving these TPs the ability to show a dynamic still image would be a lot easier that pulling an mjpeg stream from cameras. I would believe your rep for now but if they can pull a single image file you would think they'd also be able to pull a stream of images providing they have enough crunching power. Maybe these panels don't have enough teeth to do the crunching required for streaming images. Maybe that will be the next update?