Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Crest/ron Lighting Protocol?

Does anyone have the protocol and/or programmed an AMX system using Crest/ron Lighting?
Any downfalls or pits I should know?
We are removing all the Crest/ron devices except for the lighting (I'll put tape over the C logos) :).

THANKS!!!!

Comments

• mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    GSLogic wrote: »
    Any downfalls or pits I should know?
    Yes. If there IS a way to do this, you can bet Crestron will eliminate it as soon as they find out.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Cresnet is a proprietary protocol at a nonstandard baud rate, so you're not going to be able to speak that using an AMX processor. Your best bet is to leave in one ?restron processor as the lighting controller, and build an interface via IP or serial between the ?restron and AMX processors. You will definitely need a ?restron programmer to help with this part.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    jweather wrote: »
    Cresnet is a proprietary protocol at a nonstandard baud rate, so you're not going to be able to speak that using an AMX processor. Your best bet is to leave in one ?restron processor as the lighting controller, and build an interface via IP or serial between the ?restron and AMX processors. You will definitely need a ?restron programmer to help with this part.
    This is the plan - Thanks