Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Managing 50-100 masters?

We have the opportunity to price a job that will contain 50-100 identical AMX systems. Are there any tools available for managing updates to that many masters? Do I just set them all up in a NS Workspace with the same source files?

Comments

• There was a topic on how to upload a tkn using ftp HERE.

I think it might take some effort writing a script or custom application following these steps, but once done you will just have to point to a file and have it uploaded on 100 masters and all rebooted afterwards.
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    There was a topic on how to upload a tkn using ftp HERE.

I think it might take some effort writing a script or custom application following these steps, but once done you will just have to point to a file and have it uploaded on 100 masters and all rebooted afterwards.

Thanks for the link... the interesting part is here: http://www.monochrome.org/amx/amx_upload.html

Now... any idea how to do this for 100-200 touchpanels? :)
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
  • Yes. Particularly the FTCon.exe (command line). Otherwise, I guess you're back to the monster workspace.
    At the end of the day, though, it might take similar time and effort writing the script vs creating the workspace, and the latter will give you better portability or backup, as well as better visual representation of your systems and transfers...
  • jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    Yes. Particularly the FTCon.exe (command line).

Perfect... I knew there had to be something out there. My installers are using FileTransfer2, but I had no idea it had a command line version.