Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

New firmware has been released

Notice that the new firmware does not support G3 web panel control. Be careful on upgrading your systems.

Also, it can not be used in the older masters.

Because of how memory is allocated, be careful that you have enough.

It is probably a good idea to reload your program after this firmware upgrade.

Comments

• Options
    Is it possible to downgrade?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dries Kaspers
    Is it possible to downgrade?

Yes, but you will still lose the memory allocation that the new firmware uses.

I would watch for the official tech notes before getting into trouble.
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Now if I can just get my company to process the freakin' order for Cafe Duet... :(

- Chip
  • Options
    No G3 web panels support in the new firmware!!! What a crock - besides being a handy software development tool, also an important feature for the end user.
  • Options
    From our experience, G3 WebControl CAN still be used - with some small limitations

- G3WebControl will not work with activated ICSP encryption, but a User/Password for ICSP Connection can be active.

- the WebControl Folder will not be shown in the WebControl list, but the folder and function is still there. Assign a direct link to that folder, and it will work fine

We tested this in our building here with the above results.

BUT - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    What! No G3 web-pages, all my panels are G3. I think I will wait before doing this upgrade.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The upgrade is only useful for Duet anyway, there is no other functionality in it according to the release notes. There is no need to upgrade legacy projects, only if you have a 260/64 master and are planning on using Duet. This is one of those rare cases where you do not want the most recent firmware available no matter what.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DHawthorne
    The upgrade is only useful for Duet anyway, there is no other functionality in it according to the release notes.

I dunno... The new admin & diagnostic web pages are nice to have.

- Chip
  • Options
    Originally posted by Chip Moody
    I dunno... The new admin & diagnostic web pages are nice to have.

- Chip
    I haven't even looked at those...but even so, you still need a 260/64 master for the new firmwares, or you will be short the memory to load it. I suppose you can just do the one that is labeled as needed before loading the Duet firmware...I can't imagine that breaks anything.
  • Options
    jeffacojeffaco Posts: 121
    The upgrade is only useful for Duet anyway, there is no other functionality in it according to the release notes.
    That's not entirely true. It also buys you enhanced security between the touchpanels and the master, which is of some interest (depending on your network).

Since I have my Modero on a separate subnet (than the master) due to it's wireless nature (and the fact that, today, WEP security is not terribly secure), this is of interest. I could enable security on port 1319, and then be less strict about specific IP addresses from the subnet to the master.

But since I eventually do want to play with Duet, I'll need this sooner or later.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DHawthorne
    I suppose you can just do the one that is labeled as needed before loading the Duet firmware...I can't imagine that breaks anything.

We checked that ;-)

It's not possible to load v3 firmware to a NXC-ME260 or earlier master cards, so it can't crash.. Studio will block this "... invalid Firmware ID..."

Before the update to v3, it's required to load the build 139 fw into the ME260/64. You can load Build 139 to any ME card, but this version will not have any additional functionality for the older masters.

(Is there anybody out there who wants to change a ME260/64 against my NXC-ME in my home system...? ;-)
  • Options

I have not loaded the new Duet firmware on my 260/64 yet but for those of you that have played with it, does anyone know if the proposed SNMP support made it in the first release or did it miss the cut? From the sound of it, Duet, ICSP security, and enhanced administrative capabilities are in but I have not seen anything about SNMP. Anyone know for sure before I bother to upgrade? Thanks,

Reese
  • Options
    Played with an NI-3000

I loaded my test NI-3000 without a problem. As per the instructions, it takes two attempts with a reboot in between.

The new web pages are very nice and you can do most diagnostics and configuration from the browser. The look and feel is similar to Meeting Manager.

I also tested the secure shell option between the Master, a Modero panel, and Studio. This all works as advertised. There is also an option for encryption, but it will slow down the system a bit.

On the touch panel, you will see a lock icon on the connect button to indicate a secured connection. The security seems to work very well.

There are now options to change any port number expect ftp. I would recommend the upgrade unless you need G3 support.
  • Options
    I too tried loading a G3 web panel onto my NI-2000 after upgrading to the 3.0 master firmware - seemed to still work okay...(?)

If you think about it, "not supported" is different from "it doesn't work". I think it just means that it might break under certain conditions, and if it does, don't bother calling T.S. :)

- Chip
  • Options
    Re: New firmware has been released
    Originally posted by Reese Jacobs
    ... does anyone know if the proposed SNMP support made it in the first release or did it miss the cut? From the sound of it, Duet, ICSP security, and enhanced administrative capabilities are in but I have not seen anything about SNMP.
    We got the information that there definitely is a design specification to include the SNMP into the NetLinx system. It will not be a Java module - it will be built into the operating system and IP stack. The release date is supposed to be 3rd quarter of 2005, but it might be later.

Regards, Harald
  • Options

Harald,

Thanks for the information -- I guess later for SNMP is better than never.

Reese
  • Options
    NI-700 firmware

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any issue updating an NI-700 with the newest firmware? Everytime I go to transfer the firmware file, I get a "transfer aborted- firmware ID is invalid". The system is setup with the NI-700 as the master, Axcent Pro3 as the slave, and a 7" Modero touch screen.

My NI-3000 updated with no issues.

Thanks
    Lou K
  • Options
    NI-700 firmware

Please make sure you are using the proper firmware file. There are three versions. One for the NI-700, one for the ME260/64 and one for the NI2000/3000/4000.

Hope this helps,

Rex
  • Options
    I don't think Studio will allow ou to attempt the firmware for the wrong hardware type - you get an invalid target device message before it even starts.
  • Options
    Firmware

This is the error you will receive when trying to download a master with the incorrect version of firmware for version 3.

Rex
  • Options
    Are you using Studio2?
    Studio1 will not support firmware transfers to NI700s.