Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

iphone virtual keypad

I'm working on my first system at my house, and I am trying to get the virtual keypad working with my iphone and NI-700. My question is, do I simply copy the programming over from the sample workspace, or do I add the module into my existing workspace, under modules? What happens if I do both? Sorry, I'm very new to this - just finished programmer 1 about 2 weeks ago, and I'm fortunate enough to have been able to at least communicate with this 700 controller. :)

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    You'll need to do both. By adding the compiled module (.tko) to your workspace it allows the NetLinx compiler to find it when it's building your program (there's other places you can put it but it's neater to be able to see it there in your workspace) and you will then need to instantiate it within your code using the DEFINE_MODULE command. There's some general info here: http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=651 about using modules. Good luck.
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    So what about the duet module that is part of the axs file? When I try to send it to the NI-700, I get a "unsupported file type" error from the jar file after I send the jar, tkn and IRL file I want to use. Do I need to load Duet firmware on my controller in order for it to recognize the jar file type?
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    vegastech wrote: »
    Do I need to load Duet firmware on my controller in order for it to recognize the jar file type?

Yep. The .jar file is the comm module. If your master is currently running a pre-duet firmware it will need to be updated to a newer one - which isn't a bad thing to do anyway.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    PhreaK wrote: »
    Yep. The .jar file is the comm module. If your master is currently running a pre-duet firmware it will need to be updated to a newer one - which isn't a bad thing to do anyway.

Yes it is, check the master-reload time with and without Duet :p
  • vegastechvegastech Posts: 369
    I got it to work. Yay! Sure saves about a grand on buying a touchpanel for home usage. Now if I can just remember how to do the feedback strings in the top portion...
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    yuri wrote: »
    Yes it is, check the master-reload time with and without Duet :p

ROFL........ :D