Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

New modero firmware released

The new setup pages look afwul IMO (especially on a 7500). no offence to the creator :D

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't think they look so bad - but then again, I haven't ever sold more than one 7500. Everything looks bad on that panel. I've never been a great fan of the spherical graphics type themes like it uses, but that is strictly personal taste.
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Yeah, can't just anything based on the gawd-awful 7500 LCD...

I like 'em, personally. Only gripe I have is the size of the keyboard on the smaller panels. You really need the stylus to type, and if you're trying to type the password that undocks the MVP from the surface-mount docking station, you can't get to the stylus in the first place!!!

- Chip
  • Options
    GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    The new setup pages are very weak on the 8400.
    The buttons are smaller and they have a old style looks to them.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Originally posted by Chip Moody
    Only gripe I have is the size of the keyboard on the smaller panels. You really need the stylus to type, and if you're trying to type the password that undocks the MVP from the surface-mount docking station, you can't get to the stylus in the first place!!!

- Chip

If you want to sacrifice the ability to use text in the password, I believe it will bring up a numeric keypad when the password consists of only digits.

Not a great solution, but it may make it easier..... or I think you can edit the keyboard template and make the buttons bigger.

Jeff
  • Options
    Originally posted by Chip Moody
    Yeah, can't just anything based on the gawd-awful 7500 LCD...

I like 'em, personally. Only gripe I have is the size of the keyboard on the smaller panels. You really need the stylus to type, and if you're trying to type the password that undocks the MVP from the surface-mount docking station, you can't get to the stylus in the first place!!!

- Chip
    I checked the pages on a 8400 as well and still don't like them, it's a bit too playfull for my taste but then again, it's a matter of opinion and besides, normally the customer won't see the setup at all.
  • Options
    Within your TPD4 file you can create custom keyboard/keypads and the firmware will automatically call them up when using the send_commands or for password entries. All you need to do is:

-open the system page template for your file

-copy the keyboard/kepads you want into your file (notice the pages are renamed from __pagename to _pagename)

-modify the page as you see fit, you will notice that from the setup pages the old keyboards/keypads will still be called, this is to protect you from creating keyboard/keypads without all the necessary keys and getting your panel into a unuseable state.

Some of the new G4 PanelBuilder templates (from now on all of them) contain custom keyboards/keypads to match the design of the template, these will be automatically copied into your files when creating TPD4 files with the templates.
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Thanks Joeyjojoe, (Is that like Edd, Ed & Eddie?)

That's good info to know. If the client with the full-keyboard password protection on the undocking complains about the size of the keyboard, it's nice to know that I can throw something else together for him...

- Chip
  • Options
    I cannot copy _keyboard & _keyboardPrivate.

Is it a bug or my TPD4 corrupted?

Charles