Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

PLK-DMS Waiting for Master

Hi,

I have a problem - I have a PLK-DMS which says Waiting for Master - however this was saying Master Good etc before I changed the device ID. Since changing the device ID its stuck at Waiting for Master.

I have moved this to another NI-4000 and the same problem ?

Is there a way to reset the PLK-DMS ?

Thanks

Ed

Comments

• yuriyuri Posts: 861
    you can check your online tree of the master to see which ID your PLK-DMS has.
    Then you can use the built-in "change device number" option in Netlinx Studio to change the device id back again, OR, you can just adjust the device id in your project :)
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I don't think the PLK-DMS actually stores anything; resetting it would be futile. It reads the menus from the master when it boots up, but when you power it down again,t hat all goes poof. Your problem sounds like the new ID is not referenced in the program, and the module isn't loading the config file on that ID.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I don't think the PLK-DMS actually stores anything; resetting it would be futile. It reads the menus from the master when it boots up, but when you power it down again,t hat all goes poof. Your problem sounds like the new ID is not referenced in the program, and the module isn't loading the config file on that ID.

I concur on this as I have have had DMS keypads decide that they want to be some other device number some days. They can be readdressed right from the device tree, however, so it's not a huge deal.
  • Thanks

Hi,

Thanks - unfortantly the DMS doesn't show up in the device list since it I changed the device number. Is this becuase I haven't reference in the programme yet ? I sort of thought they would show up in the device list regardless of if they are where in the code ?

Thanks

Ed
    Hi,

Thanks - unfortantly the DMS doesn't show up in the device list since it I changed the device number. Is this becuase I haven't reference in the programme yet ? I sort of thought they would show up in the device list regardless of if they are where in the code ?

Thanks

Ed

Even if the device is not at the 'correct' address as assigned in the program, it should show up as 'some' device on the device tree if it is connected to the master. I've found my stray sheep either like to come back at device 1 or device 32000 or something like that.

Sounds to me like you might need to check the ICSNet connections. Is there/are there any ISCNet Buss modules in this systesm. I have one system with 2 of them to connect something like 20 ICSNet devices to an ME260/64. After every lighting storm we have to completely reset those boxes.

Also, try taking the DMS out of the wall and plugging it directly into the master's ISCNet ports with a known good CAT5 cable. Another issue here is that I've had 2 masters loose one of the two ISCNet ports. One would be dead but the other works fine.

There's a bunch more hints for you.
  • Thanks

Hi,

I have it plugged diretly into the NI4000 no ICSNet modules involved. I have also tried in a different NI4000 and it still says 'Waiting for Master'. Cable is good and I have tried another Cat5e cable. I would be suprised if by changeing the ID I have messed the ICSNet up.

The only thing I'm wondering is if I acendently gave it a System of 0 instead of 1 ?

Thanks

Ed
    Hi,

I have it plugged diretly into the NI4000 no ICSNet modules involved. I have also tried in a different NI4000 and it still says 'Waiting for Master'. Cable is good and I have tried another Cat5e cable. I would be suprised if by changeing the ID I have messed the ICSNet up.

The only thing I'm wondering is if I acendently gave it a System of 0 instead of 1 ?

Thanks

Ed

You wouldn't have given it a system number. Just a device. It's system number is determined by which master it's connected to.

I'd call tech support.
  • You need to load the KPDesign file into the Netlinx Master, as well as make sure the KPDesign file is mapped to 0:1:0 not to the keypad ID. Contrary to touch panels, the DMS keypad UI lives in the Netlinx Master not in the DMS keypad. The "Master Found. Wire is good." is a typical message when there is no KPDesign file loaded and mapped to the Netlinx Master (0:1:0). Now, check your wire or better get another cat-5 cable, even a short patch cable and try connecting the DMS again. You need to see the keypad on the Studio Network tree. At last for this to work, you need to use the DMS-IMS Netlinx module and have the real and virtual devices communicating. I hope this helps.

Ricardo