Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

User Interface Devices

I do home automation, so filter these accordingly.

Here is my wish list...

1) A dynamic web-based interface, meaning something like "jsp" on the controller where I can write web pages that read/post info from variables in the controller. Having a java-applet take over a touch panel really isn't elegant, in my opinion.

2) An upgraded DMS-like keypad. Need the ability to support 10-key and some basic color in a double-gang wallbox form-factor.

3) An 802.11b/g "hand-held remote"

4) A ruggedized MVP-8400.

5) A Flash API to read/write to a Netlinx controller

Java could make developing items 1 & 5 fairly easy.

The NetLinx controller line is an awesome integration platform for the home. There's really little I can't accomplish. However, in my opinion, the market would open up more if the UI offering had a little more depth.

I have covered this with my AMX reps in the past, and if you agree with these, I urge you to do the same. It's not all about expensive glass, at least in the mid-size city residential space.

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Hi Sonny
    I saw a really nice keypad(DMS-like) last night that offered some fairly nice colour buttons.(I'll try to get the name) I'm starting to find the home user is getting more educated and wants more of their systems now a days. Companies like AMX need to offer devices that are more elegant in design than what they did a few years ago in order to capture their share of this ever increasing market. The release of a nice quality reasonable priced TP would really help. Has anyone compared the costs of the 'control 4' panels to AMX?