Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

MVP8400i Front Button Access Disabled

Is there anyway to re-enable the Front Button Access option. To get back to the Config screens.

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    westmo wrote: »
    Is there anyway to re-enable the Front Button Access option. To get back to the Config screens.

Send it the setup command from NS2.
  • Options
    Or you can also send the 'setup' command using telnet.

--John
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Or reboot the touchpanel and touch the center of the touchscreen while booting.
    :)
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I prefer sending it back to AMX for repair.

:p
  • Options
    jjames wrote: »
    I prefer sending it back to AMX for repair.

:p

have done that once ;)
    got a nice repair note back that said: "enabled front button setup access" :D
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    yuri wrote: »
    have done that once ;)
    got a nice repair note back that said: "enabled front button setup access" :D
    Ouch! They charge you for that?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    While we're at it...

If you hold your finger in the center of the screen for six seconds during bootup, you'll be taken to the setup page. (as was stated earlier in the thread)

and...

If you continue to hold it there for another 6 seconds, you'll be taken to the calibtration page. handy for those panels that have wack calibrations....
  • Options
    Setup

Telnet to the panel and type "setup". It will get you into the setup pages.
    I don't know where the 6 seconds comes from when booting. That is not accurate. You have to be touching the display when the application starts. This is well into the boot process. The best bet is to simply touch the display when you apply power and continue touching until you end up at the setup pages. This can take up to 30 seconds.
  • Options
    jjames wrote: »
    Ouch! They charge you for that?

off course :p

Another thing:
    I like the way the new NX-500i panel works, holding the button enables setup menu, continue holding it enables calibration, continue holding it shuts down the panel :)