Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

MET-ECOM VoIP SIP 3CX not registering

MC2MC2 Posts: 11
Hi all,

I have here a MET-ECOM.D (most recent F/W v1.01.15) on loan for a couple of days.

We are running 3CX as IPPBX in combination with Linksys & Polycom SIP stuff.
Everything works great.

Only thing we miss is a SIP door phone.
So we thought the ECOM would be nice to welcome our visitors.

As simple and fast as the Linksys & Polycom are configured and connected to the IPPBX ...
The ECOM is frustrating not registering.

I read that other guys succeeded in connecting the "i" TP's to 3CX or Asterisk.
Went through the various manuals, but what's not clear for me is if a NI controller is actually needed for the VoIP feature of supported AMX gear?

STUN server is not needed in my case.
The manual (last version just downloaded) states that it's "optional" , but it's just mandatory.
Once you dare to fill in something else than the default "Unknown" you cannot just leave the field blank.
Also turning back to the default "unknown" is not accepted.
Grrrr...

Tx in advance for your time
M

Comments

• travtrav Posts: 188
    The E-COM, as it can't recieve calls, will not actually register with the SIP Server until you push the button.

Hope this helps.
  • MC2MC2 Posts: 11
    Nope, didn't help.

STUN field can't be empty (and doesn't accept DNS names), I filled it with the IPBX address.
    DOMAIN also filled in.

You never know ... i gave it a static IP address + DNS + gateway
    Rebooted
    Pushed the button
    Nada ... nothing
    Still not connecting

Hi,
    I tried the attached file but no go.

The MET-ECOM comes in the online tree.
    In NS I can see the event happen when the button is pushed.

In 3CX (our IPPBX) nothing happens.
    No registering and obviously no call to extension 711.

Anyone that can help?

Tx in advance
    Mike
  • patbpatb Posts: 140
    Are you using the AMX SIP gateway? From what I have heard it should work fine with the AMX SIP gateway and then you can tie the gateway to your VoIP system. I know that there is programming and a Netlinx master needed to connect the entry communicator directly to the touch panels, but from what I understand the SIP gateway should work on its own without a Netlinx master to link the communicator to the existing VoIP system.
    tx patb
    With all respect but purchasing the AMX SIP gateway just for the MET-ECOM is overkill.
    All our other phones in our office and at home are a mix of brands. (Polycom, Linksys, Siemens, Patton, ...)
    They just work easy & nice.
    Of course it needs some fine tune, but honestly not that difficult and not that long to do.
    At least if the VoIP device has enough settings available to tweak.

A bit cynical, but pfffff, why can't AMX make it right from the beginning?
    Why always try to re-invent the wheel?
    (Damn the troubles we had with MAC filtering on the WAP250 ... )

If the MET-ECOM would be featured as a good SIP phone from the beginning, there would be no or very few support requests.
    We would (and should) address the PBX supplier as 3CX, Asterisk, ... with our quests.

I received a mail from AMX saying that I must check on the PBX that the registration period is longer than 3 minutes.
    Something that is not integrated in the PBX because it is common that this feature can be tweaked on the phones, so it can overrule the settings of the PBX.
    By the way ... registration period on 3CX apparently is 30 mins.

Others?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    trav wrote:
    The E-COM, as it can't recieve calls, will not actually register with the SIP Server until you push the button.
    Does that mean you can't initiate a call from a phone or TP to the callbox? If so I would consider that a design flaw. I often need to initiate a call to the callbox when I'm notified by exterior motions which also trigger cameras that some one is at or near a door. I can do that with my less expensive Panasonic System. What happens if the session times out while you're looking for some one in a large home, you can't call the door back and start a new session from inside?

MC2 wrote:
    We would (and should) address the PBX supplier as 3CX, Asterisk, ... with our quests.
    The AMX SIP Gateway is a rebranded Digium Asterisk Appliance so if the MET-ECOM works with that I would think it would be an identical process to getting to work with your 3CX. Unfortunately when I found out the 5200i's wouldn't work as a SIP phone I sent back my gateway back and never had a chance to try out the MET-ECOM so I don't know what's involved.

FYI, this was back in APRIL and there is supposed to be a firmware release which will make the 5200i's work as a SIP phone in August but I wasn't about to string along my customers who were already a bit pissed ini anticipation of an August release that may or may not happen. Of course this wouldn't have happened if the 5200's weren't advertised with a capability which doesn't yet exist and hasn't for more than a year since its release.
    Hi VAV,

... Does that mean you can't initiate a call from a phone or TP to the callbox? ...
    If it is so ... weird concept. Unless there is a good reason to do it that way.

...AMX SIP Gateway is a rebranded Digium Asterisk Appliance ...
    That doesn't suprise me.
    If they intend to sell their own VoIP solution they should have released a full featured package. PBX, gateways, wired phones, DECT phones, TPs, door stations.
    Only then you have an "end-to-end solution" that they can guarantee will work.
    Can't expect the customers to buy 2 SIP systems not?
    1 for AMX TPs and MET-ECOMs and 1 for SIP telephony?
    I don't like it when AMX tries to reinvent the wheel.
    Either make it a 100% focus, either stay out of it.

By the way, I read your post regarding the MVP5200i. A bit the same issue as this one hein ;-)

To all ... Don't understand me wrong ... I want to make the ECOM work so we can demonstrate it in our demo facilities. We love AMX as our integration partner but from time to time ... grrrrrrrrr :-)
  • khurramkhurram Posts: 31
    I have issue Cisco phone with MVP-8400i voice problem.

I interrupt hear because off discussion was on VOIP SIP Gateway

I try door Phone MET-ECOM.D with MVP-8400i and I have AMX SIP Gateway CSG-580 its working fine then I try with X-lite soft phone its fine after I try to connect my office Cisco 7970 ip phone firmware (SIP70.8-5-2S). its connected with AMX SIP Gateway Cisco phone to Cisco phone call is fine voice is good but when I call on MVP-8400i the received voice from MVP is very bad Broken voice is coming from MVP. Coming voice from Cisco phone on MVP is good. Anybody have this experience why it like that. Even I try to call from MET-ECOM.D to Cisco phone call is coming on phone. But voice is same problem like MVP going on Door phone is good but receiving voice from door phone on Cisco phone is broken.

Anybody have idea where I am doing wrong configuration. I check audio codec on sip gateway its g711.