Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NI-2100 crashed when sent string in control a device

Can anyone tell me why when sent This string ( "'ka ',$00,' 0',$0D" ) through the control a device , It crashed the master and now I am unable to connect to anything after port one on the master,
Is there a way to to do a factory reset on the NI-2100

Comments

• HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    I have no idea why that would crash the master. But, if you can get into the master via telnet, you can "clean disk" and/or "format disk". You can also try loading firmware to both the master and to device 5001.

When you say you can't connect to anything beyond the first port, I'm not sure whether your talking about master ports (eg 0:2:0) or device ports (eg 5001:2:0). If the latter, I think the problem is with the device and not the master. That would make sense if the string hosed something, I suppose. It's a string to a port on 5001 that caused the problem. I think if I couldn't figure it out easily, I'd try reloading the device firmware. That should set everything back to an initial state -- might have to reload IR files, reconfigure your serial ports, etc.

As for the string you sent, that looks like it's supposed to be a power off command to an LG monitor/TV set. The problem with the documentation that I have seen on LG tvs is that they say they want the set ID in hex, but they don't. They want it in ASCII. The string you actually need to turn an LG monitor off is: "'ka 0 0',$0D" Go figure.
  • hifi--manhifi--man Posts: 3
    Thanks for your very clear and helpful reply, I had two Ni-2100 and this code crashed both of them. When I say could not connect i mean that when I refreshed the system tree port 5001 only returned with one port no relays,ir,IOs nothing, to fix this problem I changed my program to be system 6001 and then reset it back to 5001, it doesn't make sense to me but that worked,

Thanks
  • I sent the same string to my master and it did not affect the ports at all. It continued to work fine.