Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Problem upgrading NI-3000 Firmware

First things first - I'm a 'Green Horn' who has just recently gotten a NI-3000 I have both IP and Program communication working. Following the manual to upgrade to the latest firmware I downloaded and upgraded the Master Firmware without issue. However even after double and triple checking the Integrated controller firmware that I have the right one I keep getting "transfer aborted - Firmware ID is invalid" I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    thepainter wrote: »
    First things first - I'm a 'Green Horn' who has just recently gotten a NI-3000 I have both IP and Program communication working. Following the manual to upgrade to the latest firmware I downloaded and upgraded the Master Firmware without issue. However even after double and triple checking the Integrated controller firmware that I have the right one I keep getting "transfer aborted - Firmware ID is invalid" I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

I'd call tech support.
  • Make sure you are grabbing the right "flavor" of integrated controller firmware kit file. There is a different one for every type of NI master. For example, the 2100/3100/4100 kit file will not load on a 700, and vice versa. If you have the wrong one you will get a invalid firmware id from NetLinx Studio when you attempt to upgrade.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Also, make sure that you are sending the integrated controller firmware to the controller device (default is 5001). It's a seperate device to the processor (device 0), they just happen to be in the same box.
  • thepainterthepainter Posts: 69
    PhreaK wrote: »
    Also, make sure that you are sending the integrated controller firmware to the controller device (default is 5001). It's a seperate device to the processor (device 0), they just happen to be in the same box.

That did the trick.

Thanks