Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Kenwood DT-7000s Protocol

Hello All,
I found some protocol on AMX's website for Kenwood's DT-7000s Sirius Sat receiver, but I dont see anyway to poll for current station info (station name, artist etc.). Has anyone used this piece before. Thanks.

Comments

• Polling Kenwood DT-7000S

I am working on code for this device now.

In the documentation section 4-3 you can get the channel info ect.. I am using a variable to store the the kepad entry numbers from the system keypad DATA_EVENT. I insert this into send the string for selecting the channel.

I will use a timeline to trigger the call for getting the info based on the last channel entered into the variable.

To poll the info for Channel Name on channel 123:

SEND_STRING dvSERIOUS,"$02,$12,$05,$31,$32,$33,$03" // Get Channel Name

Reply from get channel name command, Section 5-3 of protocol:

Wait for reply:
    "$02,$12,$05,Data to Parse,$03"

Issue the next GET command.

I hope this helps,

Rex
  • trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    Thanks REX,
    Are you working on an AMX inconcert module for this device or just for one project? If so when might it be avaliable to the dealers?

My approch to this device is poll for the current avaliable channel once a day. Then put those channels into an array...so I can always know what channel the user is on...so I can poll the current channel for needed info. The user will also be able to channel up or down, although I will have to send individual channel numbers....kinda like TiVO. The user will also be able to define their own presets and name them.
  • DT-7000S Code

I am working on this for my own home. I will be glad to share it when it is completed.

Rex
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Rex,

Any progress on a module for this device? I have to use one in a job we are dealing with and it would be a huge help if you even have basic functionality available.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • Sirius Module

I have not had a chance to work on this in a while. Here is the module source I have completed so far. the parsing speed in the timeline has worked fine up to about 150ms. I have it slowed down for diagnostics. The channel input is from a system keypad on a Modero panel.

Good luck,

Rex
  • Kenwood DT-7000S

Rex,

I was wondering if you had made any updates to the Module you posted in this thread for the Kenwood DT-7000S module. Thanks

John
  • dmurray14dmurray14 Posts: 80
    Can anyone explain the module posted above to me? What do I need to do to get it to work? Specifically, what is the cChannelNumber variable in the function?

Thanks!

Dan
  • Sirius DT-7000S

Hi Dan,

I abandoned writing this module a long time ago. But I can answer your question.
    The cChannelNumber variable is populated by using the system number keypad on a Modero Touch Panel, for example Press 123 then enter on the system keypad and the cChannelNumber variable = "123". This would change the DT-7000S to channel 123.

The data_event starts the time line and begins polling the DT-7000S for feedback based on the last channel entered into the keypad. The timeline_event sends the results to the TP.

The protocol is flawed and why I abandoned the module. There is no way to track if the channel changes from the front panel, remote control etc. The work around is when the module comes online set the channel to a default and hide the remote and restrict front panel access.

Hope this helps,

Rex
    Hi Dan,

I abandoned writing this module a long time ago. But I can answer your question.
    The cChannelNumber variable is populated by using the system number keypad on a Modero Touch Panel, for example Press 123 then enter on the system keypad and the cChannelNumber variable = "123". This would change the DT-7000S to channel 123.

The data_event starts the time line and begins polling the DT-7000S for feedback based on the last channel entered into the keypad. The timeline_event sends the results to the TP.

The protocol is flawed and why I abandoned the module. There is no way to track if the channel changes from the front panel, remote control etc. The work around is when the module comes online set the channel to a default and hide the remote and restrict front panel access.

Hope this helps,

Rex

Rex,

Thanks for the response! So what should I be putting in there when I include the module? Keep in mind I am a real beginner here. Actually, if you wouldn't mind - what's the correct way to use the module - if you wouldn't mind telling me what else I'll need to do besides include the module I would be so very greatful.

Regarding tracking the unit - it shouldn't be a problem for us. The receiver is on a rack doing nothing right now anyway, and I probably couldn't even find the remote if I looked for it.

Thanks in advance!

Dan
    I've almost got it, but not quite. Still can't figure out the system keypad part. I understand how to get the keypad up, but I'm still not sure what I should be passing to the function as cChannelNumber. Best I can tell the keypad doesn't output any variable. What should I have in my mainline to pass to this?

Thanks!

Dan
  • DT-7000S Module

The system keypad outputs a string from a data event.

This is copied from the module.

DATA_EVENT[dvPanel]
    {

STRING:
    {
    REMOVE_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'KEYP-',1); // looks for keypad string and removes header
    cChannelNumber = DATA.TEXT // sets cChannelNumber value from data.text
    {
    SEND_STRING dvTuner,"STX,SEL_CHAN,cChannelNumber,ETX" //Changes channel
    }
    }
    }
    The system keypad outputs a string from a data event.

This is copied from the module.

DATA_EVENT[dvPanel]
    {

STRING:
    {
    REMOVE_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'KEYP-',1); // looks for keypad string and removes header
    cChannelNumber = DATA.TEXT // sets cChannelNumber value from data.text
    {
    SEND_STRING dvTuner,"STX,SEL_CHAN,cChannelNumber,ETX" //Changes channel
    }
    }
    }

So what am I passing the module when I include it then? I just don't know what I should be putting in there for that place. For instance I have

DEFINE_MODULE 'DT7000S_Module' DTSIR(dvSirius1,vdvDenMVP_SR,XXXXXXX)

What should I have in place of the X's?

Thanks again for your help.

Dan
    Thanks again Rex - I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to explain things over the phone to me. Working on it now!

Dan