Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

What ever happened to i!-EmailPlus ?

I remember seeing this a long time a go, I went to the integration! Solutions page and cannot find i!-emailplus. I would like to add email to a G4 touchpanel for a client to use.

Does anybody know if AMX will post a new version soon?

Any other ideas are welecome.

Paul

Comments

• Options
    pauldpauld Posts: 106
    No, Reply. ?!?
  • Options
    It has been discontinued. I don't think their will be a new application. AMX told us to use Computer control in the future.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It can also be better implemented in Java - and has been, as a matter of fact, in hundreds of ways, many of which could be ported to a Duet environment. Unlike many manufacturers, AMX has no real difficulty burning bridges when it comes to new products and upgrades.
  • Options
    Bummer,
    Thanks for the info guys, I don't like the idea of having to use computer control to check email. I will have to think of something else.
  • Options
    Here is a copy of the old module dated 4/7/2003. Bear in mind, they may have discontinued it because of problems, so you are on your own with it :).

All things considered, SMTP is a pretty simple protocol (heh, hence the name). You could probably whip up your own - the hairiest part would be the send and recieve e-mail database...all depending how fancy you wanted to get. Personally, I never pushed these kind of applications, they are better left to the computer.
  • Options
    i!-EquipmentMonitor (available from amx.com) has what you need to send and receive e-mail from Netlinx code.

Regards,
    Ron

Go here to get it: http://www.amx.com/1255/Software%20Center/Integration.Solutions/EquipmentMonitor/i!-EquipmentMonitorSetup.exe
  • Options
    Nice try Ron :)

But i!-EquipmentMonitor is simple sending and receiving of e-mails, and the i!-EMailPlus module was a full-blown e-mail client. That still leaves the hardest part of it - maintaining the send/receive database, etc.
  • Options
    email client

I am developing a client program at the moment however the database size has to be limited without outside storage. Are you requiring email send, receive or both? Sending using SMTP is actually quite simple.

Paul Scott
  • Options
    Well, the sending part i got down, but recieving email is what i am really looking for. But having both in the same module would be nice.

Paul
  • Options
    Can I assume you are looking to download POP3 mail? I may be able to help here but I have a couple more tests to do before I release the code - watch this space!

Paul
  • Options
    Yup, POP3 is what i am tring to get. Thanks for the Help !

Paul