Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AXB-IRS4 and NI-700?

Am I correct in assuming these will work together, since the NI has an AXLink port on it? If so, how does the IRS4 show up in NetLinx Studio, or does it? Do I need different software to program it? (New to AMX)

Comments

• You will need to use the dip switches on the front of the box to assign an axlink address. You can use the Dip_switch application available from Tools in NetLinx Studio to determine how to do this.

So assume that you use address 96, the first port in the device would be 96:1:0 in Studio.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've done it a few times, it's absolutely no problem at all, just set the dip-switches, connect it, and load your IR files.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I've done it a few times, it's absolutely no problem at all, just set the dip-switches, connect it, and load your IR files.

There is one small thing to watch if you use the old AXB boxes and newer modules. A lot of the modules try to send commands to the cards and some of them won't even initialize unless they see the expected responce from the card. This more than likely won't be an issue with the IR box but can show up on the RS-232 boxes. Not a biggie but something to keep in the back of your mind.

Like Dave says, it's a great solution and I myself do it all the time. In fact, my personal AMX system is exclusively AxLink stuff and a stand-alone Netlinx master card.