Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

IR Oddities with Motorola DCX3400

Well, I just got home after spending 6+ Hours at a "5 Minute Job"

Instaled a new TV at a clients home today. Straight swap.. Sony Plasma for a new Sony LCD. We were hoping the codes would be the same, but of course, the Inputs were labled diffenrtly so I had to "Stop By" to change the input macros. No Big deal right?

Anyway, I get there and during the instal the client decided he wanted to switch out the old HD box for a HD DVR. He ran to The comcast shop and swapped em.

Well, the old box wasnt DVR so I had to update the panel and codes for that as well..

andyway, I'm getting WAY off topic.. If anyone wants to hear about my entire adventure over there, I'll probobly post it on RemoteCentral...

Heres the deal. The new box was the new fancy DCX3400. New Remote. In the bedroom, it didnt respond to the old codes, so I broke out the IRIS and learned the remote.

Still Didnt Work.

Thats odd... Updated the FIrmware on the NI-200. No good. Tried other IR Ports. Tried triggering Codes from DEAL.,. Nothing at all.... The unit wouldnt even blink the little "IR" response indicator that said it was getting a code. I would load the DVD driver into that port and work the DVD Fine. I stuck the Emmitter in front of my iPhone and it was flashing...

At my wots end, I swapped the Family room box with the Bedroom box. (Bedroom box was the new one) Low and behold, the New box Responded to current "Old" Ir Commands. I put the old box in the bedroom and still had no response.... Reloaded the old IR Driver and Bingo. Worked.

So after 6 hours of fighting the systems, I was exahusted. I decided that The systems were working (Sans DVR Controls) and that I would put one of these new Boxes on my bench tomorrow and see whats up.

Anyone have any idea what my problem is here? Does anyone have a Known Good DCX3400 Driver I can try? I suppose its possible that My learner is broken and wasnt really sending the right codes to DEAL.... But that doesnt explain why the box would work with the old codes in the Family Room, but not the Master Bedroom.

Its very seldom that I'm at a complete loss. This is one of those times. It just doesnt make sense. I gotta be doing something stupid.

Comments

• Options
    shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    It was Monday? From what I've read on AVS forum, the new remote is special, but the old remote should work it fine.

Kevin D.
  • Options
    Did you figure this out?

I am getting ready to work on a motorola dcx-3200m, does anyone know this ir code?
    Thanks