Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sony EVI-D70

Has anyone program 3 Sony EVI-D70 which is daisy chain thorugh visca,,
How would you call camera 1, camera 2 and camera 3.

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    The first byte of the command structure contains the address. The units will be addressed acording to the order in which they are physical attached to the control chain. If I remember correctly you can daisy chain up to 7 devices giving you addresses from 81H to 87H, you can that address 88H to broadcast the command to all devices in the chain. The tech manual for them is pretty thorough.
  • PhreaK wrote: »
    The first byte of the command structure contains the address. The units will be addressed acording to the order in which they are physical attached to the control chain. If I remember correctly you can daisy chain up to 7 devices giving you addresses from 81H to 87H, you can that address 88H to broadcast the command to all devices in the chain. The tech manual for them is pretty thorough.

Thanks Phreak for the reply,... I am also looking for the system calls which I found on help say like ....See CAMCALLS.TXT in the Axcess directory for details... where is the location of this document.
  • RTHECRTHEC Posts: 2
    PROGRAMMING SONY EVI-D70

I have programmed the cameras in CresT** and had a happy happy joy joy time with them!.What commands do you need?. The commands start with $8 and then the address of the camera that you are trying to control eg: camera 1 $81,$01,$04,$00,$02,$FF is for power on.
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    The Duet module for the EVI-D100 camera works for the EVI-D70 also. This module is required for the programmer's re-cert practical which is the only reason I've used it. If you're interested in a module rather than roll your own, you might give it a look. Otherwise, the protocol is actually pretty simple once you get used to it.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    don't use the Duet module. The "standard" netlinx module used for COMMs is pretty good, also has some decent feedback in it.

I would write my own UI module to support all that you need :)
  • yuri wrote: »
    don't use the Duet module. The "standard" netlinx module used for COMMs is pretty good, also has some decent feedback in it.

I would write my own UI module to support all that you need :)

Right now, I am looking on the system_ call for this camera, what are the functions that was define..
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    no no, the system_call is crap.
    Use the module that you can download from the AMX website :)