Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

No Love from AMX - Advanced replacement

I know the rules are printed on the box and all that...

[rant]

But, I just opened an R4 box and Zigbee base only to find out that the zigbee is dead out of the box. So, call tech support who says they'll do an advanced replacemnt. So, I get the RMA only to find out that because the unit was bought 4/30 it's no longer available for advance replacemnt. So, for my trouble and inconvenience, they're going to charge me for the shipping and a 20% advanced replacement fee.

They'll bench fix it for free minus shipping but I'll have to wait for it to be done.

This policy is really annoying to me. I cannot open every fricken peice of gear that we get from AMX on the spot and thouroughly test it for problems. I thought that was the job of QC. I already have to do a lot of that kind of thing working through technical bugs in software or hardware. I haven't checked my mailbox today. But last time I did there were no paychecks from AMX there for that time either.

***huff***

[/rant]

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Well I guess we just have to stop buying product for stock or for back up. So what if a customer has to be with out for a week or more cuz we don't maintain inventory for emergency repairs.

[rant cont.]
    Warranty terms should begin when the box is opened and the product used (with in a year or so of purchase). Considering how much of our time AMX wastes with products that aren't ready for release, firmware that break your systems or crashes your PC every 30 minutes and with holding information pertaining to known issues that woulds save us all time and aggravation. I personally think they should bend over backward and kiss our $$$'s for putting up with this crap and selling their products.
    [/rant cont.]

If I were you I'd be pissed and think about just selling Savant. (Regardless of what your belly meter tells you!) :)
  • shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    FWIW, I brought a 5200 we ordered about 8 months ago out to a jobsite to get the theater in a massive lightning strike working quickly. Once unboxed I discovered why the recall was issued. 2 out of the three batteries had swelled completely destroying the case and screen.

In that case I had a new one in two days.

Kevin D.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    shr00m-dew wrote: »
    FWIW, I brought a 5200 we ordered about 8 months ago out to a jobsite to get the theater in a massive lightning strike working quickly. Once unboxed I discovered why the recall was issued. 2 out of the three batteries had swelled completely destroying the case and screen.

In that case I had a new one in two days.

Kevin D.

Hello Kevin, How's things??? :D

This is true and I have been in situations where they bent the rules a bit to our favor. So, it's not 100%. But, the TP issue you mention was a recall. So, they would have had to fix it anyway.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Eric,

We've been in your situation many, many times. Something I've been trying to do is test it when we get the equipment in. The problem with me is, no one lets me know when it comes in, or it goes straight to the job site and waits until I get there (which could be a month or two out.)

I've been trying to stress that we need to test ALL equipment once it comes in, kind of a "burn-in" stage. We've yet to see it happen though and continue to have problems like you. *Sigh* Oh well . . . it's not money coming out of my pocket, and I've done what I could do with the suggestions and whatnot - so I just kind of live with it, knowing things could be better, but they're not.
  • bcirrisibcirrisi Posts: 148
    We program/test every piece of AMX gear in our office before it goes to site. What really stinks is that AMX (especially Autopatch) only warranties it from the date of shipment received, not installation date... Which has screwed us a couple of times, and you have jump through hoops to get them to replace it. Most of our other manufacturers go by installation date. That way if you have stock, the warranty starts once it leaves your shelve not AMX's...