Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Ni-3000 stop responding from Ethernet

I have a NI-3000 that stop communicating from ethernet.
the program still run.
I can still communicate with it using the console (COM) port.
It always did that since I got it; I know I should have return it when it was under warranty, but because it was my demo that I was carrying around, the unit would get reset all the time; but now I want to install it more permanently and it really bugs me to power cycle the unit (or do a reset from the console port)

I did several firmware update (now 3.41.422)
changed TCP/IP settings from DHCP to static, from auto to 100mbps full and even tried 10mbps half.
still doing it.

any ideas

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    What happens if you try and ping the master?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    informel wrote: »
    I have a NI-3000 that stop communicating from ethernet.
    the program still run.
    I can still communicate with it using the console (COM) port.
    It always did that since I got it; I know I should have return it when it was under warranty, but because it was my demo that I was carrying around, the unit would get reset all the time; but now I want to install it more permanently and it really bugs me to power cycle the unit (or do a reset from the console port)

I did several firmware update (now 3.41.422)
    changed TCP/IP settings from DHCP to static, from auto to 100mbps full and even tried 10mbps half.
    still doing it.

any ideas

Are you using a low-end Linksys Switch or Router? If so, I've had lots of trouble with them. Same issue. Netlinx master just vanishes from the IP network.
  • ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    Keep changing the ethernet mode until you find one that works. For some reason one of my systems will only run at 10 mbit full duplex. Its on a netgear managed switch.. No idea why, but its working right now so I am just leaving it.
  • informelinformel Posts: 66
    Ni-3000 stop responding from Ethernet

What happens if you try and ping the master?
    does not respond

Are you using a low-end Linksys Switch or Router?
    First I had a Cisco 806, then Dlink and finally alinksys. The router is now connected to a 24 ports switch.

Keep changing the ethernet mode until you find one that works
    I have not tried playing again with 10/100 half/fulll; it is worth a try.