Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

NetLinx Pre-Processor Error: Could not find the include file

What gives guys? I have two include files one directory up from my project:

../includes/blahblah.axi

It works fine in these two other workspaces, but in one work space I get the error when I compile. If I do Build workspace, it works fine. I tried removing them from the system and re-adding them. My include line looks like this
INCLUDE'blahblah'

ERROR: Z:\Rev11.axs(22)NetLinx Pre-Processor Error: Could not find the include file blahblah.AXI

Comments

• make sure the INCLUDE statement appears before any variables, devices, constants, functions etc. declared in the include get initialized. I normally put all my includes before DEFINE_START
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Make sure the system you are compiling is set as the active system in your workspace. When you add an include to your system in NS3 it is added to the compilers include path, if it's not there (or you have a different system selected) and it isn't in a global include path (specified in preference > netlinx compiler > include) then the compiler won't be able to find it.
  • also make sure the Master source code IS the file you're trying to compile. I've run into this before, if you don't do a SAVE FILE REVISION and just a straight SAVE AS... you can then forget to add the changed Source file back to the system.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The newest version of NS scrambles workspaces sometimes by adding the project folder to the path stored, even if not appropriate. Check the properties of your include.