Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

How much you would pay

In the past 4,5 months I've been developing one solution, that integrates the AMX products with Itunes (windows version only)

Everyone that integrates AMX, is asked by your customers one form to control his musics, videos etc...
See the album artwork in the panel is the thing you're problably asked.

My question is, how much you would pay for one solution like, considering the existing solutions that exists for this (autonomic home)

I don't know if I go go foward with this so...

Comments

• Without posting pricing, the autonomic price is fairly high per license -- in my opinion. As a dealer, if you were to pay for the 5 license pack it makes MUCH more sense.

However, if a client wanted to integrate full control of a device, how many hours of code would it take? Generally speaking, you are going to have a few hours built into coding and testing. Once you are done, you bill future customers a reduced rate (or not) and re-deploy the code.

so... if it would take you x hours * y hourly rate = what?

What is a fair discount for something that is going to be used time and time again?

How are modifications done? Apple could change the protocol with a firmware update and hundreds of paid users go down. Do they pay for the fix or get it free?

To me, this all goes into the equation. With that being said, as currently priced, I could not see using the autonomic module until I knew enough people to share the 5 seat license bundle.

As a one-off, it is quite pricey. To your module pricing, what would make people rather use your product than write their own? $100 seems like a slam dunk - most programmers charge at least $125 an hour.

By the time the license is there and the coding is done to put it into the system code, the end user is at $250. Would a user who purchased a $230 appletv want to pay more than the product cost to integrate it? For me, the price to the end user would drive most of the decision. If they are not buying it from the dealer, it doesn't really matter what you charge the dealer. In autonomic's defense, it is a site license for as many apple products as you want, so that is also something to consider.