Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

New stuff at CEDIA

I will not be attending CEDIA this year so I'm hoping some of you can update this thread with any cool (or uncool) new AMX stuff this year.

Perhaps there will be an across the board TP discount announced?

Comments

• Well I feel rather underwhelmed!

I like the idea of the table top stands, but honestly, AMX needs to stop making plastic accessories (what was it called last time ? Hydraport?!?) and start focusing back at the core products?

As for announcing a ZigbeePro Repeater as a new product?
  • I find the HDMI switch to be a huge addition. IMO this was missing for some time, but I think the reason for the delay was the InstaGate feature. As I understand it, this solves the chief complaint of most HDMI switch users.

With other HDMI switches currently in the marketplace, when a user is viewing source x in zone y, and another zone turns on the same source, there is a black out period that occurs while the HDCP handshake occurs and resolution is negotiated. InstaGate seems to solve this.

As a user, I can imagine this would be frustrating to be watching a program only to have random black outs as other users in the house/facility join in to the same programming source.

If they did solve the problem, I say GREAT JOB!
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    AMXhome - January 2010
    NetLinx ZigBee? Pro Gateway - December 2009

Aren't both of these already available? And what's up with the April 2010 for the HDMI switcher? It's not even close with to a 90-day-release-date. Hopefully they're errors / typos.

Just a bit confused is all, hopefully someone can explain.