Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

SHARP LC52D85X control problem

I have a problem with controlling SHARP LC52D85X. For an unknown reason, the LCD screen will randomly give me ERR feedback although the command is correct and will work most of the time.

I've write some code to handle this error by re-send the same command after 1 second if the ERR is received three time. However, it seems that the LCD if it received too much command then it will stop responding to RS-232 command and simply sending ERR message. It will not work unless I did a factory reset on it.

Just wonder if anyone has similar experience and know the reason why the Sharp LCD stop working. Thanks.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Best I can tell, it does that if you give it a command that is not applicable to the current mode; for example, if you try to set an aspect ratio on a signal that doesn't support it. It could also just be getting corrupted somehow.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    kempton wrote: »
    I have a problem with controlling SHARP LC52D85X. For an unknown reason, the LCD screen will randomly give me ERR feedback although the command is correct and will work most of the time.

I've write some code to handle this error by re-send the same command after 1 second if the ERR is received three time. However, it seems that the LCD if it received too much command then it will stop responding to RS-232 command and simply sending ERR message. It will not work unless I did a factory reset on it.

Just wonder if anyone has similar experience and know the reason why the Sharp LCD stop working. Thanks.

I've found that you have to be careful on how many commands and how often you send them. Every device is different. Some can tolerate severe beatings on the RS232 buss. Others are pretty sensative and don't tolerate lots of chatter.

I typically don't resend commands on devices in less than 2 seconds as a general rule.

A good practice is to build a queue that will moderate conversations between the AMX processor and the device. It's much easier to modify the speed of a queue vs. trying to tweak all the waits and response times in your program.