Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Clock management on TP

Can someone clarify whether Touch Panels sync own clocks with Netlinx controller? I mean do TP themselves ask for time&date from the controller?

I know about system 'CLOCK' command, - this is not what I am talking about; that is rather TP internal (firmware) time sync forcing, if any. Looking for both G3 and G4...

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The NetLinx master generates a UPD time message periodically, and the panels automatically update when they see it. As long as they are connected, they will get their time from the master.
  • Options
    maxifoxmaxifox Posts: 209
    Thanks, DHawthorne. How about G3 panels?
  • Options
    FYI:
    When you modify the time of a panel you are actually changing the time of the Master. Which in turn modify's all the connected panel's time. This is applicable for both G3 and G4 panels.
  • Options
    Well, G3's certainly can't respond to the UDP broadcast, since they aren't on the Ethernet, but that doesn't mean they don't get a similar command via Axlink. I could have sworn G3 panels, however, kept their own time independent of the master; I might be wrong, I never paid all that much attention to it. You can, though, send the "CLOCK" statement to them from the master periodically if not.
  • Options
    trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    My understanding of the clock in G3 is as follows:
    1) G3 panels have their own internal clocks which can run fast or slow even from each other
    2) When and change is made to a G3 panel's clock or to the master it will update all panels connected via axlink including a 2way wireless panel (VPN-CPs)
    3) The !i-timemanager works very well for keeping accurate time on all panels, however there was a problem....it think with previous versions of firmware, were you had to update the panels yourself with the master's internet syncd time
  • Options
    troberts wrote:
    My understanding of the clock in G3 is as follows:
    1) G3 panels have their own internal clocks which can run fast or slow even from each other
    2) When and change is made to a G3 panel's clock or to the master it will update all panels connected via axlink including a 2way wireless panel (VPN-CPs)
    3) The !i-timemanager works very well for keeping accurate time on all panels, however there was a problem....it think with previous versions of firmware, were you had to update the panels yourself with the master's internet syncd time
    That fits with my experience; you can set he master's time with the G3, but setting the master's time does not propogate to the G3 unless you use the CLOCK send_command.