Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

IR file can't load to NI ?!

hi~ this is me again!~ the newbie~

current i am involved in a project using two ni-4100 as master and slave, however it is strange.

i am using the same IR file for 4 cams in NI-4000#1 and #2, each have 2 Cams.

the salves' cam can be controlled but the master one cannot. the master's IR just cannot emmit the signal.

i had swapped other's IR port with this 2 and proven that the hardware port is working fine.
i had shorten the cable distance next to the master, it is still not working
voltage meter shows it have less voltage then the working IR PORT(same IR file)

it seems i can't load the file into the IR port, since the port can't emmit anything when other mater can(only for this cam's IR file)ofcause i had checked the program and loading address.

please help!

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    NI controllers don't have a slave mode. It's a master-to-master connection, and I would suspect your problem is related to how that was set up (and if I'm wrong, disregard the rest of this, there's just not enough information and I'm working on a hunch). Make certain the masters have different system numbers, and make sure those system numbers are properly referenced. Also make sure they are actually talking ... one of them need to have the url of the other in it's url list (and only one, they can't BOTH have it). When you load the IR, make certain it is going to the exact system number of the appropriate master; system 0 is going to go to the master you are connected to, not to the other.
  • Options
    um...currently i am using master to master
    i actually using 2 masters with 8 panels and i can control everything, thus, the IP setting, system number setting, url list setting are correct.

let me re-phase my case:

- system number 3 have a url list of system number 4
    - they are conencted and i can control both system's devices inculding I/O, Relays, IR, RS232 ports with no problem at all, thus i can control any of 2 masters with any panel to any port.
    - at system number 4, port 15,16 are connected to sony camera and using the same IR File, they worked fine
    - at system number 3 , port 15,16 are connected to the same sony camera and using the same IR files, however they are not working.
    - cable, IR emmitor, polar, program, IR file loading address are all checked, tried to swap the port 13,14 with 15,16. proven that port 15,16 is working in hardware condition.
    - when pressing button and tried to emmit, port 15,16 have an expected response,
    - but when using IRIS to test, there have nth to come out.

** and then, i am stuck.**

what else can i do to fix it?