Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Color ViewStat issues

I have been fighting this issue for quite some time. I have a spare stat that i replaced with but same issue. All firmware is up to date. I am currently using AMX HOME as software in controller, but had same problem when using AMX module. When the stat is is standalone mode, 'not connected to master' it functions great. yet, when i hook up axlink, all data is transferring to and from panel & stat fine, but seconds after the AC kicks on, compressor then fan, the compressor kicks back off... it shows to be on, but it is not. i have even had an ac guy out here, the only thing that works is disconnecting th stat from the master, a sig series. i have a single stage heat pump, fan wire placed on G3 & set to high. anyone else run into this issue?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I've done quite a few of them. I've had some strange issues but they almost always turned out to be something in the way the HVAC installer had their end wired.

The module in and of itself does not really do much in the way of 'running' the thermostat. It's designed to simply report the status and monitor the levels. There is the possibility that something in the code is triggering events. Feedback channels are turned on and off during the normal operation of the T-Stat. Things like Fan On/Off , Cool, Heat, etc... all turn on channels in the virtual device for that stat.

You might check to see if some channel events in the code are mis-addressed in other parts of your code.

The fact that it works normally when unhooked from the control system points to something wrong in the code. However, in my experience, there's nothing wrong with the module.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I agree that the module seems to work fine. I have it controlling 8 thermostats in one house and they seem to work fine. One thing I worked on with tech support was the fan speed issue tho. I did not like the fact that someone changing the fan speed could break the functionality. I spoke with tech support and they indicated that it was acceptable to jump the various fan speeds together so that no matter what speed is set, the fan will work (assuming a single speed fan or a multi-speed fan that is controlled automatically by the HVAC control board at the furnace).

The only problem I heard about with the thermostats is that they will lose their scheduling information if they lose power.

Jeff
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    I agree that the module seems to work fine. I have it controlling 8 thermostats in one house and they seem to work fine. One thing I worked on with tech support was the fan speed issue tho. I did not like the fact that someone changing the fan speed could break the functionality. I spoke with tech support and they indicated that it was acceptable to jump the various fan speeds together so that no matter what speed is set, the fan will work (assuming a single speed fan or a multi-speed fan that is controlled automatically by the HVAC control board at the furnace).

The only problem I heard about with the thermostats is that they will lose their scheduling information if they lose power.

Jeff

Do they T-Stats have commands that can set this from the control system? And conversely, do the T-Stats transmit this data back to the control system. I ask because I don't have the documentation in front of me. But, I have one site that they client does like to use the T-Stats scheduling. Otherwise I just do it from the AMX program.
  • Yes, you can change all of the setpoints from code. Changing them from the stat does not report back though. However, trying to change setpoints from the stat is about as complicated and non-intuitive as landing on the moon. I would not install the stat and use its scheduling functions without a touchpanel involved.
  • Just doesnt like me

tonight i have even tried my 3000 processor from the shop, same result as 3100 sig. i even re-updated firmware is sig, there is something going on that is not liked when hooking up the 8' run of AXlink, & i am using standard lutron control cable. I am using basic amx home config, however, everytime i build system, this message appears, not sure if it hurts anything but here it is...

Starting NetLinx Compile - Version[2.5.2.20] [09-22-2009 01:13:37]

C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Main Line.axs

WARNING: C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Color Thermostat - Non-Duet.axi(1019): C10571: Converting type [INTEGER] to [SINTEGER]

C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Main Line.axs - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Compiled Code takes 2241398 bytes of memory -- Token and Variable Count is 37763 (Maximum is 100000)

Compressing Source Code Files...
    Created SRC file: C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Main Line.src
    NetLinx Compile Complete [09-22-2009 01:13:53]

>>>>--- NetLinx Compiles: 1 Files 0 Total Error(s) 1 Total Warnings(s) ---<<<<

stat reports to panel fine, panel change reflects on stat fine, stat is just non responsive on kicking on AC while connected...
    tonight i have even tried my 3000 processor from the shop, same result as 3100 sig. i even re-updated firmware is sig, there is something going on that is not liked when hooking up the 8' run of AXlink, & i am using standard lutron control cable. I am using basic amx home config, however, everytime i build system, this message appears, not sure if it hurts anything but here it is...

Starting NetLinx Compile - Version[2.5.2.20] [09-22-2009 01:13:37]

C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Main Line.axs

WARNING: C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Color Thermostat - Non-Duet.axi(1019): C10571: Converting type [INTEGER] to [SINTEGER]

C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Main Line.axs - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Compiled Code takes 2241398 bytes of memory -- Token and Variable Count is 37763 (Maximum is 100000)

Compressing Source Code Files...
    Created SRC file: C:\AMX\Joel Home 9_18_09_a\AMX home Main Line.src
    NetLinx Compile Complete [09-22-2009 01:13:53]

>>>>--- NetLinx Compiles: 1 Files 0 Total Error(s) 1 Total Warnings(s) ---<<<<

stat reports to panel fine, panel change reflects on stat fine, stat is just non responsive on kicking on AC while connected...

Better call tech support.