Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Sony BDP-CX7000es Blu-ray changer

In searching, I haven't found much discussion regardin this new blu-ray changer from Sony. I understand a firmware update is to come soon that will allow for metadata over Ethernet, but not much of any other news. Has anyone been able to work with one of these yet? How full featured is the integration? Are we only getting text feedback, or do we get coverart at the TP like with the Escients? Thoughts on the player in general?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Ultimately, I want to know if the integration is done well enough where we can take the Escient out of the loop, being that they discontinued their vision series.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hello,

I'm a very non experienced programmer working on a system and I just got the go ahead this morning to buy a BDP-CX7000ES and put it into the system. If anyone could give their comments, it would be great.

I did programmer 1 about 2 years ago and have done very little since. Crappy eh?

Ryan
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've installed several of them, but I never went past using IR to control them and using the on-screen for navigation. It didn't seem worth the trouble to deal with the protocol for metadata when you have it right on your monitor already. I have a copy, and I've looked at it, and it looks pretty basic.
  • Well, IR seems to be the way to go.

I'm using a NI-2100 and the customer (my boss) keeps wanting to add toys to the house. I would have started with a larger controller but this is the one that I had in the shop. Already have a Precis 18x18 dsp, and NTI 16x16 component over cat5e matrix and 2 7.1 receivers, plus a couple cable boxes, a couple satellite boxes, etc, etc, etc..

It's been long enough that I am having a very slow time with the precis.. it's going to be long month. I have always been good at learning as I go but this is stretching things. If I pull this off I am going to have a pretty big ego :)

Ryan
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You know, Master-to-Master communication works well... you can add another processor :) Heck, for that matter, just order a 3100 and swap out processors. You could easily modify your existing code to match the 3100 by changing a couple of device definitions.

Jeff
  • things are going...

Well, audio and video matrix's are 80-90% done, met 6n pads in the walls are close, cable box was easy and it's time to start at the bluray player. Does anyone know where I can find IP or serial command information? I admit I haven't looked too hard yet, but it's getting to be that time.
    Thanks,
    Ryan