Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Mio-R4 and Zig

How to connect the R4 to two points? That it would be connected itself to that which more close...

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Leha wrote: »
    How to connect the R4 to two points? That it would be connected itself to that which more close...

If you're asking if the R4 can be connected to more than one gateway - it cannot. If you need the R4 to roam between two points, your best option is to replace one gateway with a repeater.
  • Options
    LehaLeha Posts: 37
    jjames wrote: »
    If you're asking if the R4 can be connected to more than one gateway - it cannot. If you need the R4 to roam between two points, your best option is to replace one gateway with a repeater.

Only one gateway can be connected to r4? and no more? repeater help only.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Leha wrote: »
    Only one gateway can be connected to r4? and no more? repeater help only.

Yes, repeaters create a 'Meshed' network. As far as the device is concerned, it's part of the same Zigbee network. Two gateways are going to create two networks.
  • Options
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Yes, repeaters create a 'Meshed' network. As far as the device is concerned, it's part of the same Zigbee network. Two gateways are going to create two networks.

You're so much more elegant with words . . . why can't I explain stuff like that? :D
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    jjames wrote: »
    You're so much more elegant with words . . . why can't I explain stuff like that? :D

I went to college so I could write real good. :D
  • Options
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I went to college so I could write real good. :D

Aha! That's it!! I always knew college was somewhat important, but for some reason - I just didn't wanna finish it. If I did - I would have been a music teacher getting 3 months off in the summer and numerous other holidays that last a week as well - and all paid . . . I mean - who'd want that?!?