Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

IR file for Mits WS-65813?

Does anyone happen to have an IR file they'd be willing to share for an older Mitsubishi WS-xx813? Discretes for power and inputs would be great.

Thanks!
John

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I can?t guarantee the .irl enclosed in the attached zip will work for your model but I?ve used this in the past for some old Mits TVs.
    The file contains ?generic? discrete power and discrete input codes.
  • Cool! Thanks Joe. I'll give it a try.

--John
  • I'm having some difficulty controlling this TV.

I believe the IR codes that Joe provided are correct, and I used an original set that I had which should have worked too. I think the problem may be the positioning of the IR emitter. I've double checked the NI controller, and the IR emitter to make sure they function properly, and I've loaded about 10 different Mitsubishi IR files that should have worked, and successfully used an old factory remote to control the TV.

I recall that on these TVs the entire projection screen was supposed to be the IR receiver window, but it doesn't seem to pick up the signal no matter how I position the emitter. Does anyone recall anything special about these TVs as far as placement of the IR emitter or strength of the emitter? Am I mistaken about the entire screen being the IR receiver window? Also, has anyone used just the NetCommand port to feed it wired IR?

Thanks.

--John
  • I guess technically the entire screen is the window, but it would have to be an IR blaster to work. The actual receiver it between two of the CRT lenses inside the TV. It relies on the IR signal bouncing off the mirror and hitting the sensor.

You're going to need to remove the screen (pretty easy to do) and run the emitter to the sensor. Even to get a blaster to work, you would probably need to put it close to the center of the screen. AFAIK, the netcommand ports are IR out only.

Kevin D.
  • banobano Posts: 173
    shr00m-dew wrote: »
    I guess technically the entire screen is the window, but it would have to be an IR blaster to work. The actual receiver it between two of the CRT lenses inside the TV. It relies on the IR signal bouncing off the mirror and hitting the sensor.

You're going to need to remove the screen (pretty easy to do) and run the emitter to the sensor. Even to get a blaster to work, you would probably need to put it close to the center of the screen. AFAIK, the netcommand ports are IR out only.

Kevin D.

The ir sensor is attached to the green gun. Removing the back is the easiest way to get access. Just run the ir wire through one of the ventilation holes in the back and attach the emitter to the ir sensor.
  • Thanks guys, that's some great information! I'll take a look at it later today.

--John