Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

MVP8400 firmware flash

Mvp8400 will not update firmware, locks up. Is this something I can send in to have remedied or is the panel toast.

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    jmasters wrote: »
    Mvp8400 will not update firmware, locks up. Is this something I can send in to have remedied or is the panel toast.

Completely toast - might as well just send it to me. :D

J/K - AMX can fix it. Just call tech support and they'll getcha an RMA going. Of course though, the first option is always available. ;)
  • If it's currently on some really old firmware, you may try updating to some newer (but not newest) firmware first.

If it's out of warranty, you can buy just the flash card for $100 instead of sending it in for $500.
    The card will ship with the newest firmware, but if the controller has way older firmware it may not work.

Kevin D.
  • I always hear "replace the CF card" in the forums and you have to understand what you are getting. The CF card does not have all of the firmware on it. The bootloader for the panel, the FPGA (graphics) chip, and the chip that handles touch/buttons/battery/etc are *not* updated when you replace the CF card. So when you update the CF card make sure you download a kit file to the panel to upgrade all of the other components. That way all of the panel firmware will be on the same revision. Another thing to keep in mind is that the panel problem may not be CF card related. If the upgrade failed when the firmware status was "File 7 of 8" and a subsequent reboot rendered the panel inoperable then the CF card won't help.