Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

IP_Client_Open

when doing IP communication does it need to be in the same class and range of IP. As what I observe. i can' t open the port which is not on the same range of IP... (eg master IP is 10.5.1.101 and IP client is on 10.7.1.101)...

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    when doing IP communication does it need to be in the same class and range of IP. As what I observe. i can' t open the port which is not on the same range of IP... (eg master IP is 10.5.1.101 and IP client is on 10.7.1.101)...

What is your subnet set to? If you are using 255.255.255.0, then they are on separate networks and unless you have proper routing, they cannot talk. Also, this is a Private network range, so it is not routable through the internet.

Jeff
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    What is your subnet set to? If you are using 255.255.255.0, then they are on separate networks and unless you have proper routing, they cannot talk. Also, this is a Private network range, so it is not routable through the internet.

Jeff

yes they are using 255.255.255.0
    Do you have routers configured to allow them to talk with each other? If you set your computer with a 10.5.1.x address, can your computer open a connection to the client?

Jeff
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Do you have routers configured to allow them to talk with each other? If you set your computer with a 10.5.1.x address, can your computer open a connection to the client?

Jeff

I can't Ping it
    Seems like the problem is with the routing configuration of your network. Talk with the IT people and have them help you determine the best solution to the problem.

Jeff