Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Extron TouchLink Training

I'm going to Extron's TouchLink training tomorrow. Anyone have any tips or experience to share? Or perhaps a few ideas for heckling the instructor?

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I've taken most of their training and liked a few of there approaches. What I liked was they had more than 1 instructor per class that would walk around and assist if they spotted a person that looked lost. It was funny because they knew I am an AMX programmer so we ended up heckling each other back and forth :)
    I will say their product has come a long ways but is still behind AMX and Crest***'s, mostly in flexability of coding and feedback. Their units are really meant for the person with little or no programming skills or AV knowledge to be able to make a working and functional system for a client. Nice thing I will say about Extron is they have some of the best Protocal codes going (short and easy).Enjoy the course.
  • Good grub, and the place was crawling with instructors and helpers. If I didn't already have a decent AMX codebase and panel library, this stuff would seem pretty appealing. It was reasonably easy and straightforward to set up and configure systems and control surfaces.

The likeness of Extron's GUI Configurator program to AMX's TPDesign4 was... eerie. But what the heck.