Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

R3 firmware update

Hi,

Is anyone who tried to upgrade firmware of a R3 with v3.0.0 to 3.06

I did like the manual but when i click "query for devices" nothing is find on the list.

####
1. Connect the Mio R-3 to your computer via the programming jack (FIG. 4).
2. Put the device into Download mode, as shown on page 8.
3. Open NetLinx Studio.
4. Set the Master Communication Settings to Axcess Master and set the baud rate to 115200.
5. Go to Tools > Firmware Transfers > Send to Axcess Device... This opens the Send to Axcess
Dialog Window(FIG. 5)..
8. Click Query for Devices.
9. The Query For Devices field will display a complete list of all devices currently connnected to
NetLinx Studio capable of accepting the firmware file selected. Select the Mio R-3.
10. Click Send.
11. After device firmware download, check one more time to verify the firmware version change.
12. Click Close.
13. Upon confirmation of a successful send, exit NetLinx Studio and disconnect the programming jack.
####

There is also a note:
NOTE: If the current firmware on the R3 is anything less than 3.00, load the SW5795_MIOR3_ZIGBEE_MODULE_v3_01_05.tsk file first. If SW0148_11B_MIOR3_v3_06.tsk is accidentally loaded first, the radio will be unable to communicate with the host processor and cannot be upgraded. In this case, the host processor will have to be downgraded to an older version of the firmware and then upgraded again with the radio being upgraded first. If the current firmware on the R3 is 3.00 or greater, the firmware may be loaded in any order.

If someone has any idea.

Thanks
Mickael

Comments

• DiogoDiogo Posts: 65
    Make sure the zigbee gateway has the same firmware version

And when you try to connect, remember to inquiry devices, on the zigbee gateway web access page.

You can find more information on this thread
    http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=5838&highlight=r4+connection
  • SOLVED

Hi,

I've been able to upgrade this MIO R3, the problem was in netlinx studio, in:
    Master Communication settings, i selected the serial port but i missed to select "axcess master" instead of netlinx.
    So it worked now.

Bye
    Mickael