Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

yamaha rx-v3900, z7

Hello all !
we have problems with controlling the subj.
the problem is - subj doesnt answer to any commands sent through the rs232
if anyone had experience with those devices, pls reply to the following:
- what are the rs-232 connection layout exactly ? cause on the net there are different variants
- does the subj send status etc packets to rs 232 when its controlled from the remote control unit of from the front panel, or everything must be explicitly requested through rs232 ?
if someone would be able to send some code exerpts, or even a module for this device, we will really appreciate it.
thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Egor wrote:
    the problem is - subj doesnt answer to any commands sent through the rs232
    There are a couple of settings you can check.

1) Page 121 of the user manual describes the ?Wake on RS-232 Access? setting as follows:
    YES = Select this setting to set this unit to transmit data via the RS-232 interface.
    NO = Select this setting to set this unit not to transmit data via the RS-232 interface.

Make sure it?s set to YES.

2) Page 96 of the user manual describes the ?Network Standby? setting as follows:
    OFF = Does not accept the operations via LAN network when this unit is in standby mode.
    ON = Accepts operations via LAN network when this unit is in standby mode.
    Note: When ?Network Standby? is set to ?On? the amount of power consumption in the standby mode increases.

I don?t know about your model but only way to get RS-232 to operate properly with the RX-Z11 (ugh) was to turn Network Standby ON. I found out from Yamaha that turning Network Standby ON actually supplies a little more juice to the RS-232 port and apparently I needed the extra juice.
    Egor wrote:
    what are the rs-232 connection layout exactly ? cause on the net there are different variants
    Don?t quote me on this but I believe you want a cable with only pins 2,3 (RX and TX), and 5 (GND.) I?m pretty sure pins 2 and 3 need to be crossed. If I remember correctly from the models I?ve used in the past I also think you need to loop back pins 7 and 8 (RTS and CTS) on the Yamaha side of the cable.
    Egor wrote:
    does the subj send status etc packets to rs 232 when its controlled from the remote control unit of from the front panel
    It should yes. If you turn the volume knob you should see the receive light flicker on your RS-232 port.
    Egor wrote:
    if someone would be able to send some code exerpts, or even a module for this device, we will really appreciate it.
    If you haven?t done so already do a Search Devices in the Tech Center. If you search for Yamaha model RX for you?ll get a several hits. Perhaps one of the units listed there uses the same protocol.

I hope some of this helps. Good luck.