Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

mvp7500 touchpanel

I had encounter this problem with my service call today with MVP7500 wireless Touchpane in l which the buttons are not responding when its plugged to external power supply, if its on battery the buttons were responding. Does anybody had encounter it before.

Comments

• I have only heard of this one other time and the cause was a hardware fault on the panel. There was noise or something when the external power was applied and prevent the touch overlay from working correctly.
  • edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Do i need to send to TS for an RMA... I had also another service issue with NI3000- I have encounter it for the third time now which the rs232 port is not working whereas the IR, Relay and I/O port works. Is there any solution that I can make on site before i will send it to TS.
  • edgelitoc wrote: »
    Do i need to send to TS for an RMA... I had also another service issue with NI3000- I have encounter it for the third time now which the rs232 port is not working whereas the IR, Relay and I/O port works. Is there any solution that I can make on site before i will send it to TS.

Do the other ports work when the one stops working? Does a reboot resolve it? There is new firmware that was just released, 1.20.7, for the device side that fixes a whole bunch of serial port issues. This release *requires* the also released 3.50.430. Load the master side first before the device side just to be safe.
    rgelling wrote: »
    Do the other ports work when the one stops working? Does a reboot resolve it? There is new firmware that was just released, 1.20.7, for the device side that fixes a whole bunch of serial port issues. This release *requires* the also released 3.50.430. Load the master side first before the device side just to be safe.

All ports were not working (7 ports of NI3000). I did try to upgrade the firmware 2105_NI-X000_Master_v2_32_148.kit , does 1.20.7 includes on this kit and 3.50.430
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    edgelitoc wrote: »

Do the ports still receive data? If so, you may have a dead cap on your device controller. We've had a few die recently.

AMX can do the repair for you. If you've got the kit and are competent with component level repairs its an easy swap out. There's a couple of pics attached which shows the one that has a habbit of drying out.

Just to be safe, I should add that I'm not an AMX hardware tech and am not diagnosing you fault, or recommending you start pulling apart AMX gear. This is just general info that I've found to be useful when I've had controllers exhibit similar symptoms.
    I have to try this one, I am use to a component level of repair,, anyways thanks a bunch for the pix...
  • rgelling wrote: »
    I have only heard of this one other time and the cause was a hardware fault on the panel. There was noise or something when the external power was applied and prevent the touch overlay from working correctly.

is there any solution that can we do on site, is upgrading the firmware of the touchpanel will solve the problem