Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

Okay, I'm gonna blow a cork.

Website product page suggestion...

Please have a optional page that just has a simple text - model number, FG number, short product description giant list that is easy to search with links to the product page.

Your current page has 5 different sections for the different keypads y'all sell for pity sakes.

I had to open up 4 to finally find the one I needed.

And don't get me started on the organization of the video switchers.

Comments

• AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Agree, it is much harder to find things on the website since the redesign was done a while back.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've complained about this before, and it only got worse. You can only find something if you already know where to look ... which kind of defeats the purpose. If it's any consolation, Lutron's site is worse.

These web sites are not designed for quick reference. They are designed for casual browsing, where a person starts at the home page and drills through sub-pages as interest leads them. That may be fine for cold sales, but it's terrible for tech support.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    I've complained about this before, and it only got worse. You can only find something if you already know where to look ... which kind of defeats the purpose. If it's any consolation, Lutron's site is worse.

These web sites are not designed for quick reference. They are designed for casual browsing, where a person starts at the home page and drills through sub-pages as interest leads them. That may be fine for cold sales, but it's terrible for tech support.

I happen to like Extron's site in that it has the drop down (and down and down and down) menu with a listing of all thier model numbers. They too have their issues in that there are tons of broken links and wrong document links. But the menu thing is actually pretty cooll.

AMX has contacted me about my gripe and interaction has been positive. Just thought you'd like to know...
  • Anything not to like about the Excel Price sheets?

Kevin D.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    ericmedley wrote: »
    AMX has contacted me about my gripe and interaction has been positive. Just thought you'd like to know...

That's the AMX we know and love!
    shr00m-dew wrote: »
    Anything not to like about the Excel Price sheets?

Kevin D.
    Please elaborate... :D
  • You may not have access to it (someone in your company should), but if you go to your Account Center on amx.com and you'll see them on the upper-left.

They have an illustrated one with multiple worksheets for each different type of product.

They also have a new EZ price sheet with just text. It's 6300 rows long, but easily searched.

No links to the website, but helps you get a FG number, or accurate model.

Kevin D.
    shr00m-dew wrote: »
    You may not have access to it (someone in your company should), but if you go to your Account Center on amx.com and you'll see them on the upper-left.

They have an illustrated one with multiple worksheets for each different type of product.

They also have a new EZ price sheet with just text. It's 6300 rows long, but easily searched.

No links to the website, but helps you get a FG number, or accurate model.

Kevin D.

Thanks. I do have access to that. What I was referring to was the data sheets like manuals, quick install sheets and the such.