Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

NXD-500i PROBLEM

Hello,

Would be glad to receive the response from anyone who faced with analogous problem.

On our object we use 5 panels NXD-500i. They are connected to the AMX net via power supplies PS-POE-AF.
The distance between the NXD-500i and PS-POE-AF is about 100m. The problem is that three panels have been broken during one month.

Do you have any recommendations about this damage and any possible solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Could you be a little more specific about what is "broken"? Also, 100m is right at the distance limit for ethernet wires. Depending on the problem, you might try dropping down to 10baseT and see if that works better.

Jeff
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Could you be a little more specific about what is "broken"? Also, 100m is right at the distance limit for ethernet wires. Depending on the problem, you might try dropping down to 10baseT and see if that works better.

Jeff

Also, the distance of 100 meters might be on the edge of getting an acceptible voltage to the TP. I'd be willing to bet your voltage at the TP end of the wire is too low to run the panel.
  • Options
    NXD-500i
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Also, the distance of 100 meters might be on the edge of getting an acceptible voltage to the TP. I'd be willing to bet your voltage at the TP end of the wire is too low to run the panel.

This falls under exaption.
    After deinstallation of the broken panel it was researched in the labaratory.
    The distance between the PC-POE-AF and NXD-500i was up to 1m.

Befor to connect the NXD-500i to PC-POE-AF, status LED on POE was lighted in yellow, it means that there is no loading on the POE and out of voltage on the output.
    After connection NXD to POE, status LED is green and on the output supply is provided.
    But the panel NXD-500i is not loading and on Ethernet 10/100 status LED (yellow and green)
    don't light up.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    amxprog1 wrote: »
    This falls under exaption.
    After deinstallation of the broken panel it was researched in the labaratory.
    The distance between the PC-POE-AF and NXD-500i was up to 1m.

Befor to connect the NXD-500i to PC-POE-AF, status LED on POE was lighted in yellow, it means that there is no loading on the POE and out of voltage on the output.
    After connection NXD to POE, status LED is green and on the output supply is provided.
    But the panel NXD-500i is not loading and on Ethernet 10/100 status LED (yellow and green)
    don't light up.

Sounds like it's time to call tech support. :)