Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

MVP8400 and video feeds

OK. I realize it is Saturday and just maybe I've been working too many hours. But I swear I cannot find any information on how to connect a video source to an MVP8400 panel. Can anyone help?

I know how to define a video button in TPD4 and I'm fairly sure that an MVP8400 will support displaying of live video, but is the video hard-wired, via the docking station (wall or table-top) or is it streaming?

I could not find any drawing showing a video connector on either docking station or any information in a manual explaining how to connect a video cable or to define an IP address, if the video is streaming.

If anyone has connected a live video feed to an 8400 panel, can you provide some guidance. I don't have a physical panel or docking station handy either. I haven't had a client request this before, but I have a couple that are asking for this on upcoming jobs.

Thanks in advance.

Sheldon Samuels
IPS Resources LLC

Comments

• Options
    MVP-8400 has no video

The best you can do is find a motion jpeg encoder and take advantage of the DynaMo (motion dynamic image) feature.

http://www.visualsecurity.com/html/serv.html
  • Options
    ipssheldonipssheldon Posts: 106
    Then what does it mean to assign Input1 in a video window for the 8400? TPD4 lets you do this on the 8400 but won't let you assign a video fill on the 7500. Like there is something different between the two. That's what has me confused.

I'll take a look at the motion JPEG as well.

Thanks.

Sheldon Samuels
  • Options
    MVP8400 and video feeds

Sheldon,

What version of TPDesign 4 are you using? I am using TPD 2.3 Build 353 (have not upgraded to 2.4 yet) and I just opened a TPD file for an 8400 and the Video Fill option was not available in the properties (as expected). The only things that might account for the difference in your case is (1) a different version of TPD4 that allows video fill to be set either in error or in anticipation of a future capability or (2) you do not have the panel type for the project set correctly to an MVP-8400 panel.

As far as I know, motion JPEG is the only way to get video on the wireless panels. I use it primarily for security cameras but any video source that can be input into a device such as an Internet camera or video server that provides M-JPEG output can be viewed from an MVP-7500/8400 with the proper dynamic resource setup.

Reese
  • Options
    ipssheldon wrote:
    Then what does it mean to assign Input1 in a video window for the 8400? TPD4 lets you do this on the 8400 but won't let you assign a video fill on the 7500. Like there is something different between the two. That's what has me confused.

I'll take a look at the motion JPEG as well.

Thanks.

Sheldon Samuels

One of the possibilities may be that when you use TPD4 you choose the panel type with TPI4 800 x 600 resolution which you can select video input from TPI4.

Hope this help.

Regards
    Charles
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is no live video input on the MVP-8400, you need to stream it over your network and use a dynamic image. It works very well though :). I've been using the Axis line of vidoe servers, they work perfectly for this:
    http://www.axis.com/products/cam_241/index.htm
  • Options
    maxifoxmaxifox Posts: 209
    DHawthorne wrote:
    There is no live video input on the MVP-8400, you need to stream it over your network and use a dynamic image. It works very well though :).

DHawthorne, just for clarification, the stream you are talking about must be m-jpeg?
  • Options
    MVP8400 and video feeds

Yes, M-JPeg for motion dynamic images at up to 15 fps.
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I can't seem to get a stream going in G4 PanelPreview. Is it possible? I'm testing a 1200VG - I can get the dynamic images shown (1 sec refresh), but not the mjpegs. I don't have a camera that does MJPEG but I did find a site that's streaming (http://birdbox.gwc.org.uk/mjpeg.shtml) - live stream from a bird box. I grabbed the properties of the stream (http://birdbox.gwc.org.uk:3000/) and put it in the source - with and without the "http://" and can't get it to stream in G4PP. What am I doing wrong or is it a limitation in the PanelPreviewer?
  • Options
    I have it working fine: put birdbox.gwc.org.uk:3000 in as your host, HTTP as the protocol. Then just / for the file and the rest blank. Wave to the birdies :)
  • Options
    OK, I take that back. It dispalys in TPD4, but Panel Previewer doesn't display it; it doesn't seem to work on a live panel either.
  • Options
    alexanboalexanbo Posts: 282
    On the live panel you'd want to make sure the gateway and dns server info is set correctly and that the panel can access the internet.
  • Options
    I suspect it's the way that birdbox feed sends video. Same panel, I can get video feeds from a customer's site. While we are on this, I wonder why the demo video that ships with the G4 panels is dead? That would be a good feed to work with, if it worked. It's been blank for some time now.