Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Capturing Air Conditioner IR commands with IRIS

Hi, everyone. Wanna ask some advice from experienced ones.
So i'm creating my first NI-4000-based system. Everything went perfect until i tried to control Samsung SH-24 ZPB6 air conditioner. Google and Samsung tech support failed me so i grabbed the IRIS and started to capture some signals.
That's where i faced problem #1:
one HC button is not actually one IR command.
E.g. it currently works on 20 degrees cooling mode. You capture "Temperature up" button. Then you push it again to verify, but it goes on error. Still, if you push "Temperature down" it's verifying successfully. So it's not sending command "Temperature up", it sends "set temperature 21 cooling mode". Well, that suits me fine too. So i captured like 14 variable conditions from most cooling option to most heating and made a slider on touch panel. Then i faced problem #2:
Commands captured by IRIS doesn't work.
I mean, i have been reading IRIS manual again and again and i never saw it can actually change commands. So let me get this straight: You create a new IREdit document, make a list of commands you gonna use and then capture them with iris and then exporting to .irl file and embedding it to your netlinx project. I just wonder why do you need this numbers on the IRIS display? What's the point changing 01 to some other value? Maybe this is the problem, because right now when i touch my bargraph on touch panel, the air conditioner sets to cooling mode 30 degrees with ventilator working in low-mode. And that's ridicilous because all the options i captured were with ventilator in auto-mode and this is Russia, not Africa so 30 degrees is never cooling, but strongest heating that piece of metal capable of. =)
Pardon for my English, beg for your help kind masters =)

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've had some success capturing on some other remote, like a Universal, then using that to capture with the IRIS. I don't think the IRIS has been updated in a decade, and there are chips out there much better at capturing than it is, and the third-party remote evens out the bumps, so to speak, that the original has in it.
  • Options
    It amazes me that there has been no update to the Iris
  • Options
    Since one week is past I think I should make some kind of conclusion. So here's the deal:
    Air conditioner RC sends about 35-bit command to device. It includes 3 bits for mode, 4 bits for temperature, 1 bit for sleep, swing etc etc. And this is way too long signal for most of capturing devices. IRTrans had a paragraph in manual that informs that device cannot capture air conditioner signals. So there it goes.Maybe this will be helpful for somebody.
    And here's link to the guy that successed:
    http://myreader.co.uk/msg/124635.aspx
  • Options
    I only had a remote of a Fujitsu Siemens Aricondition which I was able to capture. This remote uses real single functions, so e.g. doing a "temperature +", if it previously was on "20 degrees", it actually sends "21degree", nothing else. To verify this "21 degree" code, I had to do a temp down offside of the Iris, and do the step up again to the Iris. Same for ventilations speeds and cooling mode.