Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Convert MVP-8400 to MVP-8400i

Does anyone know if there's any way to convert an MVP-8400 over to an MVP-8400i? I have one, where it wouldn't be a problem to pay the difference between the two, but purchasing a whole new panel to get the "i" functions would not be feasible.

Thank you.

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Best you could do is talk w/ TS and see if they can upgrade it. They might have a bin of fubar 8400i's that they themselves use for cannibalizing parts. Doesn't hurt to ask!
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vining wrote: »
    Best you could do is talk w/ TS and see if they can upgrade it. They might have a bin of fubar 8400i's that they themselves use for cannibalizing parts. Doesn't hurt to ask!

It seems to me that there were some mvp8400s on the cusp that were really 8400is but had the non-i firmware that, when upgraded, magically worked. Obviously,, this had to do with the microphone and whatnot.

there were also some non-i panels shipped with i-firmware that would show up as 8400is when they were actually not. So, who knows???

I would assume that if you called tech support, they could know for sure by the serial number.
  • no go

Just spoke with tech-support. They said it's an entirely different board (except the new 8400i and regular 8400) have essentially the same version of the board, but they have no upgrade path to update the older units. Pity. Oh well.
    Thanks.