Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Tandberg 6000 Camera issue

I am trying to control the cameras on a tandberg 6000 and when using the module from AMX, the camera movement is very jerky. It is nothing like the remote at all. I am controlling it through the rs-232 port on the tandberg 6000 and i was wondering if it because it doesn't process the commands as fast as the touch panel input you can get with the tandberg as an accessory?

Has anybody found a way to make the camera movement smooth because my client is not at all happy with the jerkyness.

thanks

tony

Comments

• Options
    samossamos Posts: 106
    MXP Series

If it is an MXP series, the problem may be that the module was writen using the first revision of the control protocol. The newest revision has new commands for camera control instead of the remote key commands. this allow you to send one string to start pan or tile and one string to stop.
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Haven't done one of these (Tandberg w/directly connected camera) recently, but in the past I always broke the pan/tilt buttons out seperately and ran those IR...
  • Options
    FrankieFrankie Posts: 71
    I am having the same problems with the 3000MXP and the 6000MXP. I am working on the problem now. If i find any thing I'll let you know.
  • Options
    bmitchellbmitchell Posts: 41
    TANDBERG Camera
    Frankie wrote:
    I am having the same problems with the 3000MXP and the 6000MXP. I am working on the problem now. If i find any thing I'll let you know.

Using the 6000/3000MXP codec,to move the camera you would issue the camera move command:

xcommand cameramove 1 left <cr><lf>

The movement commands are: left,right,up,down,in,out

To stop the camera:

xcommand camerahalt 1 <cr><lf>

If you have more than one camera in the system, then change the 1 to the next camera number.

Bryan
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Took 'em long enough to implement that, eh? :)

- Chip