Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Monitoring 120v outlet

Does anyone know of a way to monitor 120v presense at an outlet? We have an install where there is a sump pump located in the crawlspace. We want to monitor the plug itself, not the pump. I thought of using the PCS2 already to monitor the pump, but my concern, was that there are times where there will be a lot of rain, but that possibly it won't be necessary for the pump to run due to drainage, etc. So, the customer will want to preemptively react, though, if the plug itself goes dead, as there will be no potential for the pump to cycle on in this scenario. Any thoughts?

Just called support and they hadn't deal with this yet and didn't know of any solutions.
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    This is very simple. Plug a 12v output power supply (or whatever seems correct) to the outlet and use it to drive a relay. Connect the relay to an I/O port on the master.

Jeff

P.S.
    This assumes you are just wanting to verify that there is power of some type at the outlet. If you need to monitor quality of power, you could use a Tripplite or other battery backup that allows you to see data on the incoming power via a serial or IP connection.
  • Options
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    This is very simple. Plug a 12v output power supply (or whatever seems correct) to the outlet and use it to drive a relay. Connect the relay to an I/O port on the master.

Jeff

P.S.
    This assumes you are just wanting to verify that there is power of some type at the outlet. If you need to monitor quality of power, you could use a Tripplite or other battery backup that allows you to see data on the incoming power via a serial or IP connection.

That makes sense. Thank you Jeff.
  • Options
    Along with this, has anyone done integration with the Eaton Powerware units? I know they provide feedback to their software via the serial or IP port, but I wasn't sure if they would also provide data to a third party device.
    Thank you.