Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Your new NXV-300's may need to be reset.

We got 3 of the new NXV-300's for a job recently. I had installed them about a week ago, but just now got around to setting them up and programming them.

All three were showing up in Bonjour, but none would connect. The network has a DHCP server, but I could not see them in the table nor could I VNC into what should be the IP's they would have taken. They were not connecting to the master either.

I called TS to see if there was a trick to setting these things up. No tricks, they should just work. Tracked down that the status light was not on or blinking. They status light should blink even if there's no connection to the network. We tried doing a factory reset (hold down the front button for 30 seconds or until the max users light comes on), but still didn't have a status light. Concluded it might be the Cisco POE switch and I needed to get an AMX-POE injector to rule it out.

I start working on something else and eventually noticed the status light was now blinking. I guess the boot-up from a factory default takes a little longer then a normal boot (If only we had a virtual spinning AMX logo). I defaulted the other two and could then connect to and program all three.

So either they were shipped in some sort of odd state or initially powering them up all at once (powering up the switch) caused some chaos.

Hope it helps.

Kevin D.