Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

MVP8400 Dementia

I am having a problem with an 8400. It will, for no apparent reason quit responding to button presses. In a few minutes, it might register several buttons as if they were in a queue. Even on the Setup page, pressing buttons on the password popup page will not register a press, and if it does, it might not register the release until the window is full of *s.
I have had this happen on a couple of panels. Upgrading to the latest firmware did not help.
It seems that it is in some kind of loop that occasionally will acknowledge your actions.
Anybody seen this?

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Have you got send commands sending text to the panel in define_program?
    Paul
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have seen this happen with a marginal wireless connection. It's dropping and renegotiating the connection, and meanwhile queues up it's events, doing them all at once when reconnected. Telnet into the master and turn on the diagnostic messages; see how frequently it drops off line to determine if that is your issue.

If it is that, well then you have to figure out why, and sadly, there are many reasons, from an issue with the wireless network itself, to excessive communications to the device.
  • Most recently it was happening to a panel that was not connected to a master. It was a panel that came from one install to a completely different location.
    The only thing I can think of is the processor is absorbed trying to set up the network connection, or there is some crazy button animation that is eating up the processor.
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I had one in the field doing this. Since I put the latest firmware on, I have not seen it again. It could be a coincidence though.