Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Programming a AXP-PLV camera controller

Hello,

I am looking at starting a project that will have me using an old Axcent3 and a PLV series camera controller. I am not familiar with camera controllers in AMX, so I was hoping to get some insight on using this older setup. I know this will be using Access, and not NetLinx as well

I will be using this setup to control 6 Panasonic AW-E600 cameras with a AW-PH350P Pan/Tilt/Zoom head.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• More Info

I've located the RS-232 protocol for the camera's PTZ head
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You should be able to program this panel using NetLinx. It is an Axlink device, so it will be somewhat limited compared to the newer touch panels, but it should work the same. Basically, it will give you up to 4 devices starting from the base Axlink address. All Axlink devices have only 1 port. So, if the panel's base address is 1, you will have the following devices: 1:1:0, 2:1:0, 3:1:0, and 4:1:0 (assuming the panel is set to use all 4 devices). Each device can have a maximum of 255 channels. There is also an AXP-AI8 device to handle the joystick and other buttons. The levels used are in the manual for the AXP-PLV and you can use the values generated to control the camera.

Jeff